“You HAVE to visit BP..and come HUNGRY!”
Review of Burrito Poblano

Burrito Poblano
Ranked #11 of 32 Restaurants in Tuckahoe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

The restaurant has a comfortable, laid back feel to it. You can also park right in front of the store on the street for a few quarters. My new favourite spot to get burritos in NY. Let me tell you, if you like Chipotle..you'll LOVE Burrito Poblano. You just can't go wrong with their authentic Mexican menu. You get a lot for your money. Fast/kind service. They serve complimentary nachos with salsa and sour cream (super generous portions..we almost got full off of this alone) while you're waiting for your meal to come. The food was mouth-watering good. Great quality, huge portion, reasonably priced and sooo dang delicious. I got the Chipotle chicken burrito and my boyfriend got the steak burrito.we didnt even get to take pictures of the food because we couldn't wait to dig in. They also have a pretty big drink menu.

Please visit this place if you are ever in Yonkers! I promise you'll love it as much as we did. I'm actually sad that there isn't one in Toronto where I live but I will be going back the next time I'm in NYC!

Reviewed 23 March 2017

I was hoping to have an enjoyable meal but was unpleasantly surprised. My son had a large amount of foaming SOAP in his soda refill yet they served it anyway. He is young and didn't know better and took a sip from it and he had a stomach ache all night last night. I smelled it and took a tiny sip, thinking it might have been the foaming agent which is added to soda, but it was SOAP! He ordered a burger and fries, both of which had a weird taste, like a charred or not-fresh taste. I ordered Grilled chicken enchiladas, which had NO taste at all but I choked 1 of the 3 enchiladas down. The waiter never came back to check on how the food was. When he came back to deliver the check, I asked that it be taken off the bill and he said I should have asked him sooner (not that I would have wanted more food from there anyway). He wouldn't take that entree off the bill and still charged me for half of that entree. My other son's food, steak quesadilla, was ok, not good. The salsa they served was made with underripe tomatoes. We have eaten a lot of Mexican food, and I cook it myself, so I can say that Burrito Poblano served horrible food. To be fair, the beef nachos were soggy but decent. It is a shame because I live nearby and would truly like to have enjoyed the food and the experience. But we did not. We will go to New Rochelle or Central Avenue for Mexican food, as we have done in the past. Even Taco Bell could have done a better job.
I work hard for my money and this was NOT worth it.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Very good food, friendly staff but the place is depressing! They should spend a few dollars to repaint and redecorate the place!

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Burrito Poblano is tucked away in a small storefront on Tuckahoe's Main Street servicing a large take-out business with a handful of tables for eating-in. Featuring a wide menu of Mexican favorites (tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and fajitas), the food is nicely prepared, tasty, and attentively served. One of the best Mexican restaurants in the area!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

For some reason, it's better to eat in than take out at the BP. The salsa and chips are really fresh and tasty. The burritos are good but the veggie ones are just a glop of un-melted cheese with beans, etc. thrown in there. I would give them a higher rating if they didn't raise their prices. Good when you need a local burrito fix but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there. Staff is very nice.