“Good food and tasty sangria”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pancho's Authentic Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 213 Restaurants in Troy
Reviewed 15 June 2016

We recently had lunch at Pancho's. I was pleased with my chicken quesadilla and my companion really enjoyed her chimichanga. The atmosphere was very relaxed and we were never rushed. We stayed for hours talking and were never hurried along. The staff were very pleasant and courteous. Service was fast and they have nice luncheon specials at decent prices. We both had red sangria which was excellent. I look forward to returning and trying more of the many dishes that they have to offer. My one disappointment was dessert which was the chocolate cake which tasted stale. My thought is that desserts are not a big seller and they sit around too long. Skip dessert and enjoy the food and the sangria.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

Stopped here for lunch on the way to the airport. Few people so I got great service. Food was good, too. The salsa for the chips was really first rate and the enchiladas were as well. I don't understand the mediocre reviews. This was good.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

Went here for a quick lunch while traveling on business in the area. Better than fast food but unremarkable as a Mexican restaurant. I had the Pollo Jalisco. Chicken was a thin cut portion not much thicker than a credit card! Sauce had little taste. Coworker had the fish tacos but there was little fish visible. I tried a dessert--It tasted like it had been frozen and now sat in the fridge too long and was dry! I don't see any reason to go back here in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

My 9-year-old sums up this establishment best, saying, on a scale of 1-10, he gives it a 9.99999 plus 1. We've been going there for years, for both lunch and dinner. The food is consistently excellent. Portions are generous, but not overbearing. Once you try this Mexican it's very difficult to stomach any fast food choices. We like this restaurant because it's quiet and an easy place to relax and talk. I have also choosen this location for business meetings for lunch and cocktails and found it to be a good, out of the way choice. Our favorite appetizer recommendations are the nacho cheese sauce and quesadillas. In fact, we've gone in and ordered appetizers and desserts and left feeling satisfied. Nice local choice.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

Pancho's is a great little mexican restaurant hidden in a little strip mall off of Hoosick Street. You can easily miss it, so look carefully. It is in the strip mall next to the Wal-Mart.
I've never had something that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed. My favorite lunch is the beef chimichanga. The portion-size is perfect - very rarely too much (unless you wanted to get dessert, too...) - but always filling.
If you have left room for dessert, you're in luck. They have a great dessert menu, including several cheesecake varieties and a yummy fried ice-cream.
I can usually get in and out in less than 40 minutes, leave very happy and full, and spend less than $15 including tip...

1  Thank Scott S