“Great Food!”

The Greek House
Ranked #28 of 219 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 31 January 2016

We had never been here before and were in the area looking for a place to get some food. Many places were closed and their menu sounded really good. We had never been to an authentic Greek restaurant and were glad we picked this place. We both got the Chicken Souvlaki with fries and everything was so good! It wasn't insanely huge portions either which was great! The woman who took our order was very nice and kept checking in on us to make sure everything was fine. It's a great little restaurant with great food and will be going here again. I definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

The Greek House serves authentic homemade greek dishes. The food is very good but a little pricey. Family owned and operated with a nice casual greek atmosphere. I will definitely go back when I feel like Greek food.

Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Friday night dinner turned out to be a wonderful eat tin event. Started with Greek wine and beer. The apps and salad were wonderful and filling! (Wow do we still have room for the main course?)

I had lamb shish kabob. Others - Spanakopita and gyro platter. We shared it all ! Amazing!

Reviewed 29 August 2015

We went to the Greek House after 8pm on a weeknight. We were the only table in the house. The waitress was very attentive-- service was perfect. We paid about $70 for two appetizers, two full meals, two beers, and a soft drink, not counting the tip. Don't order wine-- I had initially ordered a glass of the house red wine, but it contained only about 2.5 oz of wine for $7, so I asked for a beer instead. We had the eggplant fries as an appetizer, which were delicious. My hubby was not very hungry and had the stuffed grape leaves, and enjoyed them. My son had spannakopita, which was really delicious, and I had the vegetarian gyro, which I don't recommend. The decor is kitchy, and not in a good way, and the restaurant is too bright at night. I would recommend it more highly except that Troy has a number of really exciting restaurants that we prefer over it.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

This is a very friendly family-owned business that really cares to please their customers. We were there after lunch on a week day. The Moussaka had a pleasant taste, but it was re-heated after being over cooked (burnt) the first time. The hummus appetizer with pita bread was very good, although I would have liked a larger portion for the price. Ended with Greek Wedding Cookies to go.

With a little more attention to the food preparation and a little refinement of the menu, this little place could become very special. They do offer gluten-free pita bread, which was the reason we stopped by, and the owner was willing to make precautionary methods to keep my friend's meal gluten-free.