1,522 results
All reviewsdouble treefront deskcookiesoff the highwaybeds were comfortableconvenient locationeasy accessbusiness tripthe entire stafftrain stationupon checknew yorksleepy hollowthe tappan zee bridgehudson valleyfitness centerindoor pool
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I can't tell you how wonderful the staff is at this Hotel. We had a 50th birthday party for my husband and Norma went out of her way to make everything perfect. It was great form start to finish, form booking the event, Julie's follow up, the set up of the room, reservations for 20 rooms with Jessie. The food was fantastic, my guests were thrilled!!! There were a number of events going on at the hotel but we would not have know as our service was so personalized. Can't wait to plan another party!!!

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I had high hopes for this hotel as it looked beautiful in pictures and the location was decent...Boy was I wrong... when we arrived there were police officers at the front desk definitely investigating someone (should’ve took that as the first sign) The gentleman at check in gave poor recommendations of restaurants that weren’t even near where we requested. Then gave us the key without even leading us in the direction of where are room was, which we ended up walking aimlessly in circles. The bathrooms had no fan/window to ventilate any type of air. Lastly, the walls are paper thin. All night I heard an ice machine and a bunch of, what sounded like elephants, stomping around and yelling above. So if you want to get a good nights sleep, relax, or go to a hotel that is accommodating, then this is not the hotel for you. I will never come here again!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mzone218
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear mzone218,

We are truly sorry you had an unpleasant stay here at the property. It seems as if you arrived during a Police Association dinner dance and this explains the police presence at the hotel. Should you wish to try us again, please contact me so I can make sure you are away form the ice machine in addition to making a terrific recommendation for a nice restaurant.

Regards,
Linda

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My girl and I wanted to spend the day in the City, but didn't want to waste three hours driving there first thing in the morning... so we drove down on Friday night 3/30/18 and checked in (I booked during the day). There were a couple of people working the front desk and they were attentive, but they also seemed to get along, which is always nice to see. A younger girl checked me in, put us on the first floor and yes... I got my cookie. I must look pathetic, because she gave me a great smile and said, is it just you or are you traveling with someone. I said I have my little friend with me. She laughed and said, well we better give you two cookies!

It's a crazy world and there is a whole generation of people who either don't want to work, or have forgotten how important customer service is. Not here! This young girl get's it, treated me like I was important and like she really wanted us to enjoy our stay. She was great!

Beyond that, it's is the perfect place to stay for a City hit! We were about 20 minutes from Arthur Avenue. GOt up, had a nice breakfast at the hotel and were able to get to Arthur Avenue to shop before 11:00. Shopped, hit the City, saw a show, had dinner and still made it home in time to write this review. This will be my go to place for a City hit every time and I will encourage friends to do the same. Thank you all!

Room Tip: trust the front desk. Tell them what you need and ask them to place you accordingly.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We had one night and a good stay. The river walk was also enjoyable due to the nice day we had. We did not eat at the hotel but the aroma was delightful. The staff was very accommodating to our request and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I was so pleased to be able to check in at 7am when I arrived. Staff was friendly and helpful throughout. This is an older property that is well-maintained. I would stay here again if in Westchester County. A short walk away are the grounds of the Lyndhurst mansion, accessible by sidewalks down the road. Made for a sweet late afternoon walk to view the Hudson from the back porch of the mansion.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business