All reviews waffles hard boiled eggs clean rooms small exercise room basic hotel new york stayed here for two nights restaurants within walking distance lounge area decent breakfast state fairgrounds would stay here again breakfast room free breakfast night's sleep mini fridge convenient location
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We started our vacation here. We came to the Syracuse car Nationals. The room was clean and comfortable. Not as secure as we usually like. The doors on the building did not have card access they stayed unlocked. If I had one thing bad to say it would be that they put the coffee maker in the bathroom closest to the toilet. It was a regular coffee maker not a keurig. Otherwise not a bad stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with feedback about your most recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn Fairgrounds. We are happy to hear that you chose to stay with us for the Syracuse Nationals car show and hope that you will return next year. We try very hard to make sure each guest enjoys there stay with us and that all starts with great customer service and a clean and comfortable room, I am happy to hear that you experienced that. In regards to the doors they should be locking in the evening hours and require a key to access them.I appreciate you bring this to our attention i will be sure to look into this matter more. We thank you for the feedback and look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night on our way to Canada. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful in finding us a place to eat since there is nothing around hotel. The good ends there. It’s pretty work down and dirty and outside door did not lock. I just think there are better options down the road a bit

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay, I would like to apologize for the experience you had as that is not our standard. We try very hard to make sure our guest feel comfortable while staying with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was very friendly as i hear that a lot and we hope that you would give us a second chance next time you are in Syracuse.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We were a part of a group tour to Cape Cod. This was our last overnight stay of the trip. Friendly staff, clean rooms, good breakfast. If I were to take another trip this way I would stay here again. Good place to stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with such great feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your way back from Cape Cod. We look forward to you staying with us again next time you are in Syracuse.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Staff friendly. Carpet in the hallway was dirty.My husband sleeps in a recliner. It was filthy. Had to ask for a sheet so it could be covered. Only a trickle of water to shower with. Continental breakfast was very good.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay when you where here with the tour group. I am sorry that you noticed dirt in the hallways as we have some construction workers staying with us and they tend to track in mud. I did take a look at the water pressure in your room and it seemed to work fine with plenty of pressure. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hot buffet breakfast that we serve daily and the interaction with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon on your return visit with the tour group.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

All the hotels price-gauge during graduation and we had to accept that. Right. But the staff chipped away at our resentment with little unexpected acts of kindness: luscious bars of good-quality chocolate to take to l-o-n-g graduation exercises, stuffed graduate teddy bears to give to the celebrant, and pages of pre-printed directions for anxious parents trying to figure out where/when programs would roll out at the university. General manager, James Hodson was on site constantly, mingling among guests asking where folks were from and if everything was ok. He was so sincere, that aside from complimenting him on the REAL breakfast offerings, cleanliness of our room (and all of it's essential amenities including a great bed), I could not bring myself to tell him the powdered eggs used for scrambling were God-awful which was hard to understand given their location in nearby farm country! That was my only complaint. I will definitely look/book Comfort Inns again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

I would like to start off by saying thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback about your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Fairgrounds during graduation weekend. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and interaction with all of the staff. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the eggs that we offered during breakfast, as we do use a liquid buttered scrambled egg product, i will be sure to look into this matter and see if i can find a different product that we can offer that will be of better quality. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return next time you are in Syracuse.

James