All reviews pancake machine pool and hot tub bagels quiet location would stay here again horse show nice stay fair grounds nice clean hotel nice breakfast new york off the highway continental breakfast comfortable beds parking lot stayed one night shuttle service
Reviewed 25 September 2015

We stopped in here on our way through New York. Not as close to I-90 as it looks on the map. Breakfast was good. And the staff was very friendly and gave us information on area pizza that delivers. Not a bad place to catch some sleep.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor no problems.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Christine6946, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Barbara,

I am truly happy that you enjoyed your overnight stop at our hotel. Our team always strives to achieve excellence and I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our entire team. We hope to see you again next time!

Reviewed 22 September 2015

Although this hotel appears to be located in the middle of nowhere, it is still worth a visit. It is kept spotlessly clean and has extremely pleasant staff. The breakfast is typical of the chain and is well stocked. There is plenty of fresh fruit and a good assortment of warm offerings. The pancake machine works flawlessly. We stay here each year for a couple of days while visiting a horse show at the fairgrounds. It is a shame that the restaurant nearby has closed but the staff has lots of great suggestions for a family meal.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Reddoak,

Thank you for your loyalty over the past years in continuously choosing to stay at our hotel. We love to see everyone from the horse shows every year and we have gotten to know so many of you personally! We know that this horse show season is coming to an end, but we can’t wait to see you again next year.

Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

My daughter, grandson and I decided to visit the New York State Fair and we're so glad we chose this hotel. It's close to the fairgrounds and best of all they have a shuttle that drove guests to and from the fair! This feature alone would bring me back not to mention the super pleasant van drivers who went out of their way to be helpful and professional. The rooms are clean and modern and the indoor pool is a plus. The location is off major highways and using my gps I found everything. Kudos to the staff who were always friendly and knowledgeable.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Holiday Inn Express corporate pretty much dictates that ALL Holiday Inn Express
's have minimal food offerings.
I guess this location thinks they are the exception to corporate.
This hotel had NO bananas, NO walnuts, NO raisins. Their apples were old and disgusting !!!
This is very unacceptable !!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank MattyMIddletown
Christine6946, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2015

MattyMiddletown,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize that you weren't completely satisfied with your breakfast experience. This does not sound like how our hotel is run at all and I apologize that this was your experience at our location. There is no excuse for these items not being provided during your stay and your review will be used as a training moment. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

I cannot say enough about the Staff at this Hotel. I travel a bit and have stayed at many hotel chains, but this particular stay was out of the norm. I was picked up at the airport without delay. My room was top notch ! I was welcomed and treated like royalty. I lost my wallet and was frantic, the staff searched my room and the shuttle bus they provided for my transportation. My wallet was discovered in the Van and returned to me promptly ! While in Syracuse, my family tragically lost a loved one, the staff at the hotel worked to get me a flight home and even retained a taxi to shuttle me to the airport at 4:30 am ! These guys Rocked It ! The breakfast was fresh and delicious and the dining area very clean ! The best Staff at any hotel ANYWHERE ! Thanks to all of you !

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business