“Where everybody knows your name”

Picasso's Pastries and Cafe
Ranked #4 of 25 Dessert in Syracuse
Reviewed 5 August 2017

They actually don't know my name, but do know my face as I am a frequent flier, or eater in this case.
Arrived the other morning to find that I forgot my wallet. Bummer. I asked if they would let me eat, I'd walk back home and return with the money. Not a moment's hesitation.
This is what it is like to be a neighborhood joint.
Oh. I almost forgot. The croissants- plain, chocolate, or pistachio are all great. Haven't had the almond,but I'm confident they would be yummy as well.
The shop est tres petit, but the food and the staff are tres gentil.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Finally made it over to Picasso's Pastries and we were not disappointed!! The cases were filled with wonderful looking pastries and treats and they serve Cafe' Kubal coffee too!! We got iced mocha coffee and regular hot coffee - both of which were fantastic. They have wifi and a nice seating area arrangement that encourages people to relax and unwind. We loaded up on pastries to take home. The selections change all the time but we had the hungarian nut roll (amazing), lemon and mixed berry cake (light and delicious), chocolate croissants (mmm) and much more. Everything was fresh and delicious! They only use butter in their recipes - no shortening. It must make a big difference - their treats were very good! The service was great - very friendly and informative. Their prices are great - not overpriced! We didn't try the ciabatta or Italian breads but they looked very good. Recommend a stop at this great bakery!

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I am modifying my earlier review. I have been back many times since and have developed a greater appreciation for Picasso's. The pastries are not "polished: in the way they would be at a chain (e.g. Panera's) but rather display a hand-crafted hardiness. Also, the place sits nicely in the neighborhood with a cast of regulars drawn from Syracuse faculty and grad students. Also, again, Kubal coffee.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

This place had the best cannoli cake I have ever tasted! Their prices on the coffee drinks are higher than most places, but the dessert prices are reasonable. The desserts are great but the drinks were just ok. However, I loved the place and the people!

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Pastries looked old and dried out. Reviews were very good but products did not reflect reviews. Visited on Thursday, August 25th during a vacation. there was only one other customer. Never received any assistance from staff. Selection of bakery was very small, which was not as advertised on their Web page showing large selection of items. We were very disappointed with quality and selection of bakery and left without purchasing anything.

2  Thank Gail S