“Fabulous pulled pork wrap with mexican sauce!”
Review of Mission Restaurant

Mission Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 728 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Atmosphere is great; so historic and yet beautifully blended to Mexican decor and colours. Server was very helpful and quick. Food was quick enough. I can't say enough about the Mexican pulled pork wrap. My partner had the chicken Quesedilla and loved it. Beautifully presented. Also, we ordered sides. Plantain (not the sweet one, came with some delicious garlic/tomatillo salsa) and the Corn Bread (fresh and warm) came with an unidentifiable sauce (to me) which was really tasty. We didn't have to wait for a table. Only criticism, if I had to make one, is that the temperature in the restaurant, in August when it was 28 degrees celsius (not sure what that equates to in those quaint American degrees, but I would think about 82), was a bit cool, especially with all those fans running. That's no big deal, though. Basic coffee also good. Refried beans with the Quesadilla were not pasty but moist. Great atmosphere, food and prices.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Loved the food!!
Menu could be larger but great tacos!!
Great service!!
Beautiful building!!
Will be back

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

My cousin was visiting from Paris; we were feeling some Mexicano. I haven't been in about 3 years. I remember they had delicious fish and tacos. When we walked in it smelled and I was already uneasy. Then we ordered chips and guacamole. The avocados were expired and brown
My cousin ordered pork and sweet potatoes. The meat was visibly overcooked and dry to the point where she had to douse it in sauce; the potato was hard and undercooked. My food was equally subpar, sloppy and over salted. Will not return.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

The waiter was slightly obnoxious when we asked a simple question. Food was ok. My sister had the quacamole amd said it was the worst she had ever had - stringy. They did take the cost off our bill. Probably won't go back.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Located in downtown Syracuse. The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere. The chips served with the salsa were great. The salsa itself was just okay. Seemed more like bruschetta. I had the shredded pork burrito which was very good. My son had the chicken enchiladas. He thought they were just okay. The only negative to me was the Spanish rice which lacked flavor.

Service was attentive. Total including tax and tip with water was $25. Very reasonable.

Tip: only street parking.