“So so”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2017

The waiter was slightly obnoxious when we asked a simple question. Food was ok. My sister had the quacamole amd said it was the worst she had ever had - stringy. They did take the cost off our bill. Probably won't go back.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Located in downtown Syracuse. The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere. The chips served with the salsa were great. The salsa itself was just okay. Seemed more like bruschetta. I had the shredded pork burrito which was very good. My son had the chicken enchiladas. He thought they were just okay. The only negative to me was the Spanish rice which lacked flavor.

Service was attentive. Total including tax and tip with water was $25. Very reasonable.

Tip: only street parking.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

We wanted some authentic Mexican food and thought we would try the Mission, based on reviews. The place is a beautiful converted old church with great decor. The service was excellent and very kind. The food is fantastic. We had such a nice time!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I'd heard of the mission for some time and finally had the chance to try it and I was let down. The waitstaff was friendly, but slow. The special of the day was a Margarita, but the ice must have been extra... it was warm was only an ice cube. I held out hope the food would more than make up for it, but was again let down. It was tastesless and lacking any texture. I have been to San Miguel and it was amazing. Perhaps they set the bar far too high. I wouldn't be back, even for a free meal. Avoid it and go a couple blocks to San Miguel.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Situated in an old church with historic roots, The Mission serves excellent, and filling, Mexican and Pan American food. It is one of my favorite restaurants in a city I visit regularly.