All reviewsarmory squareomeletchef chrishistoric hotelpresidential suitelandmark theaterwithin walking distancescience museumvalet parkingfull kitchenextra towelssmall kitchenettelocation was perfectcookie cuttercomplimentary breakfastfresh fruitspacious room
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff were as nice as can be. And are willing to accommodate us in any way they could. The hotel is old, ( and in no way a dirty old) but very very clean and well maintained. We were there for the National bowling tournament and i am very glad we chose this hotel. They even accommodated us for breakfast at 4:30 in the morning to be at bowling by 6. I could not believe how much they all went out of their way for us. Thank you JCH. Our stay was the best we've ever had. The picture is of the old armory out our window.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Maureen D,

Thank you so much for staying with us while in town for the USBC Tournament! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! We hope to see you again should your travels bring you to Syracuse!

Best Wishes,
Corrin Nicholas
AGM

Reviewed 16 March 2018

This is a great hotel located in downtown Syracuse near some excellent restaurants and next door to the Landmark theater. The service was extraordinarily helpful and when making my initial reservation I happened to mention I was staying in the area due to the hospitalization of a family member and was offered a lower "hospital" rate.....I appreciated the offer and ended up staying 2 extra days. The breakfast was delicious as was the coffee that's offered 24/7. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying in Syracuse.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Staying at a historic hotel is truly a unique experience. Much more personal and intimate than staying at a “chain”. To appreciate the location one must be sensitive to the challenges that are inherently present in these old buildings. Having said that, the Jefferson Clinton does a good job. The staff was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast is included and was fantastic. Room rates are quite reasonable. There are details that could be addressed to improve the overall experience. My room was ok. The kitchenette and bathroom needs to be updated. There were patches on the walls and the bathroom could have been cleaner. In all, I really appreciate the revitalization and would stay here again .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2018

I was at SU for a day and stayed here. I was surprised at the size of my room--a king suite--and the really interesting area around the hotel. The hotel is on the older side, but well maintained and comfortable. My room had a full kitchen which would have been nice if I stayed longer, but I ultimately did not use. Just steps out the door are a good number of pubs, restaurants and other spots where one could pass the time. All in all, quite a nice surprise in the older part of Syracuse.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2018

I have stayed here on numerous visits to Syracuse and have always found the accommodations and staff very pleasant.
There are a number of restaurants and taverns within a stone's throw of the hotel with choices which should meet almost anyone's desires.
Over a period of about 6 years I have noticed that the property is always maintained and upgraded as well. I have not had a bad experience on any occasion.
I look forward to my next visit !

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Stephenie P, General Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Mark,
Thank you for being our guest! We are happy that you have found us to be your go-to place when you travel in the area.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Stephenie Pyle, General Manager