All reviewsleed platinumjewish templestained glassboutique hoteleco friendly hotelsteel cut oatmealmarshall streetsu campuswalking distancenice showercoffee maker in the roomfree parkingking bedlocation is greatfirst floorcarrier domeyogurt
Reviewed 18 March 2018

I was traveling to New York for business (my 1st time here) and came into a snow storm. They had 6" when I landed and it was still coming down. I was staying here 2 nights. I had to drive about an hour for my destination. Check in was fantastic. I had a rental car and the parking lot was full. I called the front desk from the car and James the front desk clerk explained they were very full but perhaps I could find a spot in the back. When I came in he recognized me and asked if I found a spot. I told him I did. He asked if I needed anything else. I told him I was trying to figure out drive time with driving conditions. He gave me help in a very friendly manner. The next evening, I came in and asked for dinner ideas. He gave me a list (typical list) and another clerk stepped up while he was answering a call. The employee told me which ones were his favorites (he was new to the area and had tried several personally) and that they were close. He then asked if I needed anything else. I asked about the weather tonight and what time do I need to leave to make a 6am flight. These guys gave me awesome service and really made my trip. Thank you both!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Wow, I arrived with my family in tow on a Friday night and was greeted by Micheal at the front desk. Great first impression. He said I could leave my car where parked as the snow was crazy. I was quite surprised how nice the hotel was inside and the story of the history of the building and all the energy savings built in. The decor in the hallways made if feel older then it really was but everything’s as in tip top condition. Loved the wood floor noise walking down the hall. The great character of the building in all locations like the halls and rooms. I will keep you in mind on my next visit to the area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Pointsguy
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

If you like unique, non- cookie cutter places this would be right up your way. The hotel is a remodeled synagogue and has smaller rooms, no tubs, no microwave (in rooms there is 1 in the main lobby for customers). The floors creek which add to the character of the building, there is one elevator and 3 floors. Not much for viewing from the window in my room (321) maybe there is in other room locations. If you are taking a lyft or uber they seem to have a hard time locating the hotel so plan on additional time for your ride. The breakfast is supposed to be served at 6:30am however (and this is the reason for the 4 star rating) at 6:40 there still was no food out. There were a couple guest waiting and no one acknowledged or communicated that they were running late.
Overall a good experience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Love everything about this quirky little hotel. The staff are friendly without being intrusive, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the breakfast is delicious, and the location cannot be beat. Ask for a room on the top floor for the super cool high ceilings.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I recently stayed in this lovely hotel during a big snowstorm. The facility was amazing.

I will not be returning.

Booking issues, which could have been easily resolved with a simple person to person phone call, led to the front desk staff quoting "policy" to me. I actually had to make the simple phone call to connect him directly with a live person from the booking company. I had to hand him my phone to start the resolution process.

I asked for the general manager's contact information and was given a generic card from the company with no management name on it.

Hence, since I had no individual to contact, I opted to go on this site, hoping management might see this and respond.

It's too bad because I have several upcoming opportunities to bring in outside guests for my work, and I would love to have them stay at this convenient location.

Not gonna happen. There are many other options nearby, including a completely renovated classic, historic hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Finortner
WoodbineManager, Manager at Hotel Skyler Syracuse, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to express your experience with us. Your feedback is a valuable way for us to improve and provide better customer service. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you encountered during your stay.We are glad to hear you had a safe location to stay during the storm. I made sure to share this information with our front desk teams so they can be used as a training opportunity. I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to provide you with the level of service that we are known for. Please contact me regarding any future visit.

Rhonda Evans