“Major improvements”
Review of Sunset Grill

Sunset Grill
Ranked #13 of 18 Restaurants in Sylvan Beach
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I’m super impressed with the improvements that have been made and New management. Wing night is amazing they have a great selection in sauces, new menus, great specials that are all homemade. All at a reasonable price. They also have a patio that has been recently spiffed up. U can def tell the beach is starting to make a comeback!

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We went on "wing night", where wings were a whopping 80 cents a piece, though the price isn't advertised, so you assume because they call it "wing night" you might get a deal. Not. They charge $2 per 12oz plastic cup of soda, no free refills. I had a question after our visit that I asked via a Facebook message and it went unanswered for two weeks even though I could tell it'd been seen. After a couple weeks I left a one star review on facebook due to the poor customer service, and miraculously they responded to my question. I decided to take the review down, and haven't said anything more nor have I been back. Now, two months later what appears to be the owner has left a snotty comment on a review I left for a complete different company on facebook. I attached a picture of the comment and her profile showing she's the owner of Sunset Grill. I can't imagine what would possess someone to seek me out, two months after the fact to be snotty, when my review wasn't even posted anymore. It's posted again now!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Extremely large portions of homemade platters, all meals are under $10! Great staff,music and atmosphere. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Stopped in for the first time in years. Clean and nice atmosphere. Fun band - Swamp Drivers - had handmade instruments from garbage cans, cigar boxes, bed pans, toilet plunger. Unique!

Reviewed 28 September 2015

We occasionally stop by the Sunset when we are in town.
This time we strolled in at 11 on a Saturday night
and found about 5 people scattered along the bar
and a bartender leaning back against the wall.

I spoke directly to the bartender twice; once
with a smiling question, and then again with a quick beer
order, and both times he turned away as if I was invisible.
Fine. The third time I leaned over and was more direct,
"I would like to order 2 beers."
His response was "I know, I'll get to it in a minute" as he turned
and worked his phone a bit. The snotty, ear-to-ear, million dollar smile
is what irked me the most ( it clearly said "kiss my *ss" ).
I had to say something so I tried,
"So you think that smile is gonna get you through life?"
"It's worked for me so far" he said with such arrogance
you just wanted to smack it off.

But of course you don't do things like that in life.
You just hope that Karma eventually takes care of it.

==================

Sylvan beach has always been a favorite of ours - but as everyone
knows it has fallen on hard times - long-time businesses are closing their
doors right and left - and the crowds seem just a little smaller
each season. On this summer visit we encountered pretty rude service at several
restaurants and even at our favorite motel - the incompetence & indifference combo.
Maybe Sylvan beach is winding down because the product they provide
has become inferior.

====================

Of course I don't expect a darn thing to happen to our bartender
friend. This note might reach the manager there but you can
easily imagine them sharing a chuckle and agreeing that business
would be far more enjoyable for them if it wasn't for those
darn customers. THAT is why sylvan beach is dying.

7  Thank aem1958