“Reasonable price and food*Love the outdoor seating option”
Review of Royal Crown Bakery

Royal Crown Bakery
Ranked #2 of 30 Dessert in Staten Island
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2018

*Review for breakfast experience only*

Overall, decent food & atmosphere but mostly over-rated. Would go back if I happen to be in the area but wouldn't seek it out.

Parking:
There are about 10 spots right next to the bakery that gets filled up very quickly. Thankfully, there is another parking lot across the street with additional spots marked in blue.

Outside seating:
My bf and I came here specifically to eat outside on a beautiful day. When we arrived there is just a stand outside the door that says wait to be seated and no one really acknowledges you as you stand there. Not the end all be all, but would be nice to have someone say good morning and what the wait time might be just so you know they saw you. We stood there for about 5-10min when tables started opening up. The outside area is nice and covered with umbrellas for shade which is great. We enjoyed having breakfast out there, but I do feel like it has too many tables in a small space. You are kind of on top of one another.

Breakfast menu:
This is where I feel like the menu is a tad weird. Maybe I'm just not used to it, or maybe because this is really a bakery and less of a diner but I came into it with different expectations I suppose. First thing I noticed was the pricing of the food. You don't really get a meal. You get a-la-cart dining I guess you could say. The price for an omelet of 6$ is literally just for the eggs. If you want another topping, +1$. Want another one? +.50. Want home fries? +1$...I don't mind paying for a full meal but why not just have a set price for a normal breakfast meal. Second thing was the fact that the menu says a bagel comes with the eggs upon request. So basically if you forget to ask for it or didn't see that, they aren't going to bring you a bagel and you are beat? Thirdly, found it odd you don't get free refills on the coffee. Granted the coffee cup is pretty big which was good but still was not accustomed to it. All things I wasn't used to but not something I viewed as deal breakers obviously.

Service:
Service was decent. Nothing great about it but nothing terrible either. No one really acknowledged us when we came to wait on line but our waitress did come fairly quickly once sat. She was very sweet and accommodating. She took our drink order quickly and got it to us quickly as well. We waited quite a while for just 2 omelets, but it could be because it was packed outside and they were just busy so understandable for a weekend. There were 2 times we needed more of something and we were able to get her pretty fast and get said things. When it came time for the bill though she was no where to be found. We probably waited about 10minutes before we got to ask her for it. Again, it probably was because she had just been triple sat and was running around inside.

Food:
Food was also just ok. It was 2 regular cheese omelets so nothing wild. Tasted as expected I guess. not much salt or pepper and no ketchup brought out or on table. The bagel that I made sure to request was really good though. It did come out cold and with like 1 thing of those small square butter tabs but still tasted amazing. The cinn raisin bagel legit was the best part of breakfast.

Price:
I can only speak for breakfast but it seemed reasonable. For 2 coffees and 2 omelets with tip cost us 30$. Wish they offered free refills and that the breakfast came as a full meal without having to ask but not a deal breaker.

Bottom line: An enjoyable breakfast outdoors but wouldn't make a point to go out of my way to go back.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Stopped there sever times in our visit up north to NYC. At night we would stop in get a coffee and pastry (one of the pistachio rolls dipped in chocolate amazing). Lunch stop in for a sandwich and soda. On our way home I bought several dozen Bagels and Lard Bread OMG I miss this stuff. Can't go wrong with anything in the place as i have ordered almost everything in there and it is all fantastic.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

This place is still delicious! The sandwiches with the bread is worth every calorie! The Panini's are also a great choice.. So really think carefully, they are all scrumptious! Then jump into the dessert cases and die happy!!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

This place has amazing food and deserts and anything you can think of always busy people in and out but service in great if you want good lunch this the place to go keep the great service. They also have Vegan food.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

It was obvious we weren't the only ones frustrated. We would have gone somewhere else but we weren't familiar with the area and had somewhere to be nearby after. It was almost impossible to get the servers attention. They didn't seem the best at waiting on multiple tables at once. I recommend having your order ready when they take a drink order and asking for your check/boxes when the food is dropped off. Our pizza and pastries were delicious. If I am in the area again I would consider getting take out if they offer that.