“Go to spot for breakfast lovers”
Review of Maureen's Kitchen

Maureen's Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 117 Restaurants in Smithtown
Price range: USD 0 - USD 10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

If you consider yourself a breakfast lover, you haven’t had the best until you’ve eaten at Maureen’s Kitchen. They have, by far, the most consistently delicious menu I’ve ever experienced. I’ve been coming here since I was a kid and as I’m preparing to leave New York to move to FL, I made sure to stop here for one last meal.
I brought my best friend from Westchester who’d never had them before. Seeing as it was our “farewell brunch” and we drove over an hour to get there, we went all out with ordering.
We each had an omelette & shared one of the breakfast specials. Omelettes were everything one should be: super fluffy, perfect amount of filling, the red potato home fries (which I asked for well done & had served exactly as I asked) were a nice change from traditional white potatoes. I had the potato, scallion, bacon, & chipotle Gouda omelette. The chipotle gave the omelette a nice kick and reminded me of a Spanish omelette. The special we ordered was one of my “Maureen favorites”: stuffed croissant French toast with Nutella and fresh strawberries. My only regret was that I didn’t take a photo of my friend’s reaction. The first bite is pure bliss ...
Now in my late 20’s I can honestly say I’ve tried a little bit of everything from this place and I’ve never had a so-so meal from here. Everything from the coffee, to the
Some pointers: restaurant is family friendly, appeals to all dietary restrictions (gluten free, vegetarian friendly, etc.), Maureen’s is CASH ONLY. Last but not least, they don’t take reservations so depending on day of the week you may wait a half hour. The last few times I’ve been here, the wait for my food was a lot less than the wait for the table, just be patient. There is a reason Maureen’s is on a top 10 best breakfast places in NY list.

1  Thank peacelove_daisy

Reviewed 8 December 2017

We stepped by to share a quick bite at Maureen's Kitchen knowing that the food and size of the meals would be excellent. The sandwich that we shared was plenty for the two of us. The side dishes of cole slaw and macaroni salad were delicious. The service was very efficient and very friendly. I highly recommend Maureen's Kitchen for a great breakfast or lunch.

1  Thank Sid L
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I have never been unhappy with food from Maureens Kitchen. Food is always top shelf and plenty of it. It is always busy so you have to realize it will be a little loud. Love it here.

1  Thank Jackkempf
Reviewed 26 November 2017

We were in the area for a weekend wedding and someone suggested that we go to Maureen's Kitchen for breakfast so six of us showed up to this adorable restaurant. First of all a larger parking lot would be a help since the place is so busy you have to circle around constantly hoping someone is leaving.
There is an indoor porch to sit while waiting for a table. We were seated pretty quickly. The decor is very cute. The theme is cows & the NJ cow (black & white) is the color scheme. There are all sort of cow items around: mugs, salt & pepper shakers, cow mobiles, etc.
The restaurant is extremely busy. The waiters/waitress very professional, helpful in explaining the menu specials (there are a lot of them), quick to serve you. The menu is fairly large.
Some of items that we ordered were: baked oatmeal (one of their specialties), stuffed french toast with fruit (no cream cheese); a special croissant french toast, spinach/mushroom omelette, western omelette. & I think someone had pancakes. Some ordered coffee, and some of us had hot chocolate.
The restaurant also has counter service available if people do not want to wait for a booth/table.
There are souvenirs that one can buy on the way out and someone in our group did buy a mug.
Everyone enjoyed the Maureen's Kitchen experience. Would definitely go back if I am ever in the area again.

1  Thank burgerbabe711
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Wife and I went approx at 10 am for breakfast. There was about at 30 min wait to sit at a table, was definitely worth it. The food was great. Service was a little rushed. Very is delicious. Great home cooked meals. Worth the wait.

1  Thank egurenl213