“Sunday dinner.”
Review of Red Zebra

Red Zebra
Price range: USD 15 - USD 45
Description: Red Zebra is taking a modern look at Italian food with produce from our local farm partners. Hand-cut pastas, delicious sandwiches with fresh baked breads, Italian small-batch wines, craft cocktails and micro beers from US and Italy. All of our pastas, breads, stocks and sauces are made in house. Our food, like our favorite tomato, is beautiful on the outside, deep and flavorful on the inside. A striped beauty with no equal.
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Red Zebra on Beekman Ave in Sleepy Hollow has replaced Finlamente. Nice ambiance. Decent service. And a table visit from proprietor Neil contributed to a positive overall experience.

I recommend the calamari appetizer which was very tasty, but not the meatballs which very bland.

I ordered the lasagna which was very good (and filling!) and my wife ordered the trout, which to me was bland and tasteless, but she enjoyed it.

If I could give this restaurant 3.5 stars I would, but I'm optimistic they'll get to four by my next visit.

Date of visit: May 2017
Neil B, Owner at Red Zebra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Thanks for the review. We do look forward to having you back to try some other items from our expanded summer menu!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

I just held a private event at the Red Zebra, and I couldn't be more pleased. It was mid-afternoon so the menu only included appetizers -- marinated olives, fried calamari, mozzarella poppers, meatballs, etc. Every dish was delicious. The bar offered a great selection of wines. The wait staff and bartender were attentive and accommodating. Thanks to owner Neil for helping us plan this last-minute gathering. I look forward to stopping by for dinner next time I'm in Sleepy Hollow.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank SusanJay23
Neil B, Owner at Red Zebra, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

We were only too happy to accommodate your wonderful family and friends. Thank you so much for your kind words and we do look forward to seeing you again sometime.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

the mussels were ok not as good as at Sweet Grass. Foccacia does not go with mussels. Need hard crusted Italian bread. The dessert which I had looked forward to was overcooked. It should have been a bit more "puddingish". TYhe person who brought the food needs help in how to bring and take away plates.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I have been to the Red Zebra three times and each time gets better. They have a great bar wonderful staff and each meal has not disappointed.

Date of visit: April 2017
Neil B, Owner at Red Zebra, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Thank you for your kind words. You are welcome here anytime!

Reviewed 4 March 2017

After the loss of Finalmente, we were delighted to see that a new place had opened up in its stead and so brought the family along to dinner. Unfortunately, the food and the service did not meet our criteria for excellence and so I must give the place an average rating. My son was displeased in that the waitress forgot to put in the order for my entree to the kitchen until everyone else was served, and he also had to ask for his second beer instead of having the waiter ask him if he wanted a refill. I was not as upset as he was over the service issues, as the place is new, but I was unhappy over the lighting compared to the lovely atmosphere that Finalmente provided. I hope things improve for the new owners.

Date of visit: February 2017