“Disappointed”
Review of Birds Nest Motel

Birds Nest Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Skaneateles
Reviewed 5 October 2016

We attended a wedding and this motel was on the list the bride's family suggested. I called and asked questions about internet access and the breakfast and was assured on both items. If having to leave the room and sit outside near the office is internet access, then there is internet access. If a breakfast, except for bananas, is entirely pre-packaged items with artificial dry creamer for coffee and instant de-caf coffee, then there is a breakfast. And, get your shower early for the hot water supply is sporadic. Very disappointed. Some office staff was very responsive, others seemed to care less. This place needs a lot of up-grading!

Room Tip: Unless there are no other options, I would not stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Called and made reservations for September 30 - October 2 at the beginning of August. Arrived to find the front door locked and 'nobody home.' Called the number and received a rec I ring asking me to leave my info and he would call me back in a few minutes. Fortunately a passerby saw us and stopped to tell us they closed their door for good on September 30. Seems we were not the first customer to be left stranded.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here over Labor day weekend for a reunion. Really nice appearing from the outside. That all changed on the inside of room 41. The door sticks a little trying to get it unlocked. The room is an old pine board room. First thing you notice is the age and the old smell. The king size bed has an old flowery bedspread and the pillows are quite flat. There is one night Stand with a lamp. My side of the bed, I had to use a chair to put my glasses and my reading book on. I didn't have a lamp on my side of the bed because of the lack of the night stand and no outlet for a lamp. There was a light by the tv on the table the tv was on, but there was no outlet to plug it into. One lamp was usable in the room because of the outlet on my husband s side of the bed. There was a table in the room but only one chair. When you went and used the toilet in the bathroom, be prepared because the toilet tilted forward 2 inches down when you sat on it. The only amenity in the bathroom was a bar of soap. They did have towels. The curtain in the bathroom was red. The curtain on the far side of the small room was pink and the front window by the bed had a white curtain. There was tape covering the light switch as you walked in the bedroom. Rug is old and lumpy as is the bathroom linoleum. Breakfast was bagels and stale packaged pastries. Go to the hilltop restaurant for breakfast. I would stay away from here, or ask to look at a room. At $129.00 a night rate I expect better than what we got. This place needs Anthony melcuri from hotel impossible. Go find a Hampton Inn, or best Western etc. The area is beautiful but motels are less desirable.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Everything was clean and functional. Staff was informative and helpful. Directions to area attractions and eating places were right on. Would be my first choice next time I am traveling that way. Easy to find.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2016

My wife and I along with two other couples stayed here for a family wedding in early August. The couple in the newer (east) side of the motel had amenities that were not available in the older (west) side--including a small refrigerator and microwave--although we all paid the same price. The toilets in the west side rooms rocked forward and backward. The carpet was torn in our room, the entry door was difficult to push open, and the only outlet in the bathroom was attached to the fluorescent light. If your family is connected, you will need to bring chargers. The WiFi connection was not available in our room. You had to sit outside. The WiFi was usable in the east wing. Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: WiFi available outside and in east wing.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skaneateles
6.1 km away
4 km away
Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles
2.6 km away
34 State Historic Luxury Suites Skaneateles

Been to Birds Nest Motel? Share your experiences!