All reviews yogurt skaneateles lake fresh local ingredients the lower level bed and breakfast welcoming hosts beautifully set table the upper deck scrumptious breakfast prepared with great care family photos three rooms amazing hospitality each morning fell in love in town wonderful visit
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Wow, I thought the other reviews were a bit gushing when I read them, but Charlie and Anne really are as nice as everyone made them out to be. The B&B is more like a luxury lodge and all the rooms are huge and lovely. We arrived a little late but Charlie had already prepared us some delicious cheese, lots of other bits and bobs and opened an awesome Chardonnay from a local vineyard (And a second!) The place is great base to visit the other lakes (obviously you need a car) and the view from their porch is breath-taking. If (When!) you go ask Charlie about The Man's Club or Anne about the Gyrettes and they'll hopefully make you an honorary member!

Room tip: They're all beautiful.
Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Anne and Charlie are two wonderful hosts and from the second you arrive at their beautiful, one of a kind house on the lake, they make you feel like family. We were welcomed with wine and a gorgeous sunset before going to our room. The sunset is SPECTACULAR and the viewpoint from the deck is uncanny. The detail that was put into this house is easy to notice...not a thing was overlooked when these two built this mansion on lake Skaneateles. The room was clean and everything worked without issue, not to mention a wonderful bed like you would expect from a 5 star resort. We woke to a delicious home made breakfast and could not have been happier. We even had some mimosas as a couple who was staying at the B & B as well got engaged! A first for the Pine Grove. I highly recommend staying with anne and charlie...and borris the gentle giant mastiff who will keep you company. Our stay was worth every penny and we look forward to returning!

1  Thank Ryan A
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We truly enjoyed our time at Pine Grove B&B. The view is amazing and Charlie and Anne are wonderful. The food is all local and fresh and the accommodations are first rate. From the high quality linens to the bathroom amenities, the utmost care has been put into every detail. Their dog Boris is also sweet and friendly. We will definitely be back when travels bring us back to Skaneateles.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I have to say this weekend getaway w/ my husband was truly amazing. My husband couldn't stop raving at the good job I did in locating the Pine Grove Bed & Breakfast. The hosts Anne and Charlie were amazing and truly hospitable. The house is breathtaking, they took a lot of time and dedication to make it so beautiful and accomodating. The layout and artwork is spectacular. The bedrooms all have a beautiful view of the lake and the beds are so comfortable, very contemporary, I am not a fan of victorian style so I was extremely satisfied w/ the decor. Anne and Charlie made breakfast every morning and was delicious and even more great - everything NATURAL straight from the farms. They have an awesome and friendly dog named Boris. The village is 5-10 minutues away by car but its the most friendly and inviting town. Cute shops and great restaurants...I recommend Blue Water and Joe's Garage - delicious food. It's a beautiful and peaceful town, I honestly wish I can live here at times, away from all the pollution and hectic stressfuly NYC life. Many things to explore, we went to Ithaca, which was only 50 min away from Pine Grove to do some hiking and swim by the waterfalls - AMAZING. I loved this trip, I loved the Pine Grove and I loved Anne and Charlie.

1  Thank Sandys80
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Stayed here for a night while traveling in the area. The house is beautiful! Great views and lovely accomodations. All clean and meticulously maintained. The hosts are friendly and warm. Could not have been happier with our choice.

Date of stay: July 2011