“Godo Place to read the Sunday Paper”

Pineview Bakery & Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Shokan
Reviewed 24 October 2017

This is a great little homey bakery that serves excellent pastries as well as full breakfasts. They also have an excellent coffee menu. Place your order, grab your food and your NY times and sit on the front porch in the crisp October air while the only negative - the traffic on route 28 - roars by. Block it out; the experience improves exponentially.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I've been going here for years. I bring whomever is with me. Just take a look at the pastry case and pick something. There's even gluten free baked goods. The Danish and muffins are amazing. Everything is baked right there. I never drive past without stopping, even if I'm not really hungry. I know it is a treasure and don't want to miss it. Everything on the menu looks good too. Someday I will stay for breakfast but I'm usually going skiing and in a hurry. Try it and you'll be stopping every time too.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

A nice little place right on route 28 in Shokan; very good pastries from their bakery- all home made. Breakfasts are very good, prices are very reasonable, service is friendly. Also serving lunch.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

The almond pastries are incredible! They come in two varieties-horn shape and rounded rectangular! Try them. They freeze well. I cut them in diagonal fourths and serve surrounded by strawberries!

Reviewed 10 August 2016

I live minutes away from the bakery yet would rather skip a meal than eat there...I am disappointed every time we stop, from rude service to greasy poorly prepared food, if you are visiting the area skip this one!