All reviews summer weekend beach side ferry ride vibe dj luxe
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights in August and had an awful time. TripAdvisor actually rejected my first review, so I'll try to provide more "detailed first-hand experience" - It is not an exaggeration to say this hotel/restaurant had the worst customer service I've ever encountered. No "hello", no "how are you", no smiles. I called ahead to ask about what kind of breakfast they serve...I was told "None", by their own staff. I come to find out on the last day, after traveling by foot or bike every other morning to find breakfast, that they DO serve breakfast there after all. We had a room on the 2nd floor, which wasn't too bad, but there were a lot of bugs. Everything was incredibly overpriced. The beach isn't a nice beach, the sunset isn't even impressive. Seriously, don't ignore all the bad reviews.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank dollysgirl2016
Reviewed 29 August 2016

We stayed 2 nights at Sunset Beach to celebrate our anniversary. We emailed ahead to make sure we got a room farthest from the restaurant which I was happy with and we thought we had better views. I thought everything was absolutely charming in a chic laid back European coastal way. We noticed some reviews mentioned there were no water views- there were definitely water views. The deck we had was large with great sun loungers and a matching table and chair that we used to watch the sunset. The room was just as described and we liked the simplistic beach elegance of it with yellow and white stripe accents and bright white. The bed was definitely comfortable and the shower head powerful. Beach service was great, the attendant was always available quickly for any needs. When we would call down to ask for something it would be brought moments later. Our 2 points of feedback though, that inhibited us from giving this another star though was the fact the housecleaning team forgot to replace towels and the bathmat so we had to call down. The 2nd point was there was an odd rusty stain under the glass table in the living area that should have been cleaned but clearly hasn't been. Other than that, we loved it and would definitely return! We loved the restaurant as well! Cocktails were great, and we thought the service thorough. Get a table for sunset on the top deck and ENJOY!

Room Tip: far from restaurant
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Veronica L
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Too cool for school. That's what the staff are like at this trendy beach front place. Great bar. Good food. Shabby decor. Dead insects in the drinks. Very buzzy. Tables too crammed in for me. Constantly being knocked by waiting staff and other customers. It's a pretty cool place but don't put money on any of the staff cracking a smile or making you feel valued. They don't care about the customer. The sort of staff to whom I really object to having to pay the 20%.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I like going early to avoid the crowds - breakfast is very limited - a few choices of crepes, quiche,pasteries, smoked salmon & bagel and great coffee - all excellent - friendly staff ...you order at the counter and take food to your table - informal style with some great music and a view across the street of beach & boats and the occasional sea plane landing & taking off - it is different, international, very fun for breakfast. In past years I have had dinner & lunch - always a little different each time and sometimes a very crazy scene.

Room Tip: ate here only
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at the Sunset Beach.
The spot is really nice and the sunset amazing but unfortunately the place is very overpriced considering the lack of service: hard to find someone to help you with the luggage which were heavy considering we are traveling from Europe, no service at night in the room, self service for breakfast at the price of a 5 star hotel.
The room are nice but once again not well maintained: don't look below the stained carpet you might get frightened, damaged wooden floor, dust in the closet.
Regarding the restaurant, the food and the setting are really nice, but once again really overpriced and the white seat cushion would need a cleaning from time to time...
Overall we liked it there, not sure though we will recommend it.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family