“This is the real deal in every way”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shandaken
Copperhood Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Shandaken B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Every 10 years, I seek out a health-centric retreat in order to get my weight and wellbeing in check. This time, it was Cooperhood and it was the right choice for me. I spent 11 days in the hands of Elizabeth and her team and left with great results. Aside from the weight loss, I was able to come off of some medications. Yes! This place is the real deal with a woman at the helm who really cares about wellness and has the knowledge to get you where you want to go. Great people. Terrific spa services. Amazing culinary menu. I'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura S

Reviewed 15 April 2016

This is my third time visiting Copperhood in Shandanken, New York. I planned this spa retreat as I required a jump-start to my diet and my exercise program. After several long months of stress at work, I had little time to dedicate to myself, and found myself stressed-out and overweight. I had lost my motivation to exercise and eat right. I knew that Cooperhood was the place to go to restore my mental, physical and emotional health.

When I arrived at Copperhood, I was delighted to see the owners, Elizabeth and Lech. They both gave me a warm hug, and it felt like I was in the right hands to address my needs. Immediately, Elizabeth told me that I had lost weight here before, and that I would do it again. She made me feel like everything was ok, even though I had gained a significant amount of weight.

At Copperhood, I did a juice fast for 7 days, and transitioned to raw food on the 8th day. Elizabeth encouraged me everyday, and made sure that I participated in the 5 mile hike and classes. This time, I took the water aerobics class with Stephanie (instructor) along with several yoga and pilates classes. I really enjoyed all of the classes, but especially the water aerobics. This was actually an intensive class that gave me a great workout. The pool was heated to a nice temperature, so I was not reluctant to go in the pool. By the third day of juicing and exercising, my confidence increased. I developed more discipline as my stomach shrunk and I began to feel my muscles strengthen. I felt renewed with all of the exercise and looked forward to each day hiking with Elizabeth and the other guests. As you hike with Elizabeth, she provides you with strategies to improve your health and habits. She is such a special person who guides, laughs and supports you the whole way through.

When I weighed myself on the last day, I was delighted to learn that I had lost 15 pounds during my one-week stay at Copperhood!!! I told Lech about this dramatic weight loss, and he congratulated me and gave me a big hug. Nate, our waiter, also congratulated me at breakfast when I transitioned to a raw food diet on the last day. Nate also, is such a special soul. He was available to give us strategies for good health, or just listened to our issues and gave us life advice regarding our personal issues. Elizabeth, Lech and Nate treat visitors as FRIENDS here, rather than guests. It was so fun chilling with Nate, I even came up with a nickname for him, "Nate Dog."

If you require a reboot for your health, or simply would like to unwind from your hectic life, this is definitely the place to go. I recommend at least one week for the full benefits. When you leave, you will fell stronger- physically, mentally and emotionally. Elizabeth and Lech have truly created something special here in upstate New York. I will return in May to lose the remaining 15 pounds. I know that Elizabeth will be here for me cheering me on and helping me attain my goals. Thank you so much Elizabeth, Lech and Nate. You are so special to me!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank michelle r
Reviewed 20 February 2016

My daughter and I stayed 2 nights mid-February 2016. It was our first time there and we didn't know what to expect. Happily, we found everything to be top notch and we were treated very well. It was evident that the hosts' desire is to please. The services offered are plentiful and professional. Our massage was the best ever! The juice diet and meals are of excellent quality, fresh as can be, beautifully prepared and delicious! The other guests were the nicest people. Everyone was welcoming and supportive. I would definitely feel comfortable staying at Copperhood alone. It was a very healthy experience all around. Next time, I plan to book for a longer duration.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank dfelago
Reviewed 13 February 2016

I was visiting here to book another trip to Copperhood and noticed a negative review (2 before this one) from the same woman that I saw on Yelp. I never do this, but this really upsets me. If you mouse over her name, she bills herself a "luxury traveler". As I told you in Yelp, if you want Luxury, go to Mexico or wherever you go to get pampered. CEO's of huge organizations and presidents of countries come here because they get it. You obviously do not. Read the positive reviews and I hope you understand what this place is about. This is a gem and I too have traveled to many luxury places all over the world and this is the only time that I feel defensive about something that so amazing.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Henry B
Reviewed 12 February 2016

I was greeted warmly by the owner and Tort! As I walked through the building, you smell clean air. For a place with a pool and Sauna I was shocked. Some other spas, you smell chlorine or mold, but here was crisp clean air. As I continued to the spa area, I was so relaxed already. The decor is clean and beautiful. Mary Ellen began to scrub away the stress, followed by herbal wrap and ended with massaging every knot of tension away! I left transformed and planning to go back as soon as possible! Marj

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marjorie D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shandaken
23.8 km away
4.6 km away
Catskill Seasons Inn
Catskill Seasons Inn
#2 of 3 in Shandaken

Been to Copperhood Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!