“A "Blue Zone" in New York!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shandaken
Copperhood Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Shandaken B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 February 2016

My daughter and I stayed 2 nights mid-February 2016. It was our first time there and we didn't know what to expect. Happily, we found everything to be top notch and we were treated very well. It was evident that the hosts' desire is to please. The services offered are plentiful and professional. Our massage was the best ever! The juice diet and meals are of excellent quality, fresh as can be, beautifully prepared and delicious! The other guests were the nicest people. Everyone was welcoming and supportive. I would definitely feel comfortable staying at Copperhood alone. It was a very healthy experience all around. Next time, I plan to book for a longer duration.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank dfelago

Reviewed 13 February 2016

I was visiting here to book another trip to Copperhood and noticed a negative review (2 before this one) from the same woman that I saw on Yelp. I never do this, but this really upsets me. If you mouse over her name, she bills herself a "luxury traveler". As I told you in Yelp, if you want Luxury, go to Mexico or wherever you go to get pampered. CEO's of huge organizations and presidents of countries come here because they get it. You obviously do not. Read the positive reviews and I hope you understand what this place is about. This is a gem and I too have traveled to many luxury places all over the world and this is the only time that I feel defensive about something that so amazing.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Henry B
Reviewed 12 February 2016

I was greeted warmly by the owner and Tort! As I walked through the building, you smell clean air. For a place with a pool and Sauna I was shocked. Some other spas, you smell chlorine or mold, but here was crisp clean air. As I continued to the spa area, I was so relaxed already. The decor is clean and beautiful. Mary Ellen began to scrub away the stress, followed by herbal wrap and ended with massaging every knot of tension away! I left transformed and planning to go back as soon as possible! Marj

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marjorie D
Reviewed 23 January 2016

My friend and I were unhappy with the cold (no heat) environment which was also full of flies in bedrooms. Difficult to say anything good about the shabby "spa" and it's hostile owner who made us feel unwelcome in her hotel. She was obviously upset with our complaints but didn't do anything about it. Their advertisements on their website don't represent what is actually offered. There are no real classes as you would expect in a health spa/retreat. We left early and I am also surprised that there are positive reviews online. I would not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
9  Thank 10964j
copperhood, Owner at Copperhood Retreat & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

While our retreat is a highly respected and admired destination spa, it is not for everyone and I regret that we didn’t meet your expectations. In our initial communications with potential guests, we attempt to determine whether the individual is a good fit for our spa and whether we can fulfill his visit goals. Our concern is not to fill our facility with clients who are looking for something different. Many of our guests come here for a quiet, healthy environment where they can detox, heal and establish healthy living patterns. This is another reason that we try to avoid taking in a guest who has different goals; one disappointed person can alter the positive vibe that makes the Copperhood a happy, laid back place.
Sometimes, however, someone who may have preferred a different type of a resort does arrive. We regret that this happens and do everything we can to steer people the right way.

To accomplish this objective we try to ensure that each guest has a full understanding of our policies, which unfortunately did not happen prior to and during your stay. While we did email you all the information (which is also posted on our web site) to make your visit a success, it seems you may not have fully understood our policies such as early check in, environmental and cancellation policies.

I am sorry your stay was not to your expectation even though I tried my best as it is our passion and desire to make everyone's stay at Copperhood exactly what they are seeking.

Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

My goal was to get back on track after too much fun over the summer. I only planed on a short stay & was so sorry to have to leave when I did. I met such a nice group of people! Hiking, biking, yoga class, meditation, water aerobics, or just relaxing. Spa treatments, wonderful meals! Clean, wonderful service from the owners & staff! Looking forward to going back!!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank DianeConti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shandaken
9.7 km away
4.6 km away
Catskill Seasons Inn
Catskill Seasons Inn
#2 of 3 in Shandaken

Been to Copperhood Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!