“Nuturing, Healing and Rejuvenating”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shandaken
Copperhood Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Shandaken B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Copperhood stands apart from other destination spa experiences. This beautiful intimate getaway sits quietly along the serene Esopus Creek among woods, mountains, trails with views galore. If the location were not enough to relax you, the kindness of proprietress Elizabeth and her dedicated staff make sure that you get what you need.
I did the juice detox and the raw food option because I did want to change my lifestyle and start fresh physically. The juices were prepared fresh and were delicious blends of fruits and vegetables. I enjoyed how they tasted but more so how I felt after a few days- and I did not think I would. The raw food cuisine was EXCELLENT, as was everything served- every guest loved the food, both raw and cooked.
Daily hikes were fantastic- you could go at your own pace and walk alone or with others. The scenery was extraordinary and made me want to hike all over.
The massages and facials were also wonderful. There is a daily schedule with meditation, yoga, aqua aerobics, muscle toning, etc, all small in size and with lots of personal attention. You can opt in or out of anything here- the idea is to listen to your biody, relax, and rejuvenate. I met several other travelers and although we were all from different places and backgrounds, we became friends through the shared Copperhood experience.
I loved it. I lost weight. Cleared my head. Weeks later I feel fantastic. Elizabeth runs a wonderful nurturing place- I cannot wait to return again. :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 July 2011

I needed to jump-start a weight-loss program and form some new nutrition and exercise habits, and for my two-week stay, Copperhood was perfection: comfortable,
welcoming, immaculate, and small enough for all the guests to mix affably. The exercise programs were rigorous but adjustable for beginners like me, the spa sessions excellent, and the food exquisite and delicious. They even had goats, chickens and a beautiful puppy to play with! I will definitely return, not for reform next time but for the pleasure of being there.
Kudos and thanks to everyone, especially Elizabeth, Camp Mother Extraordinaire.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing creek and mountains
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2011

From the minute we walked in till the second we left ( we didnt want to!!) we felt at home and with people who really cared about us.. The food was better than any nyc 5 star rest... The service, treatments, workouts, just top notch!! We even got astrology and tarot card readings..The hikes j,ust breathe taking ... I cant say enough..you must go and see for yourselves...

Room Tip: the rooms are perfect..
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2011

After google searching spas I called six in an attempt to get into a last minute (the night before) 2 week juicing program. Elizabeth, the owner of Copperhood, was the only one who called me back. She assured me she had room and that it would be a lot of fun and she was not wrong.
I truly enjoyed the delicious juices, gorgeous daily hikes as well as the encouragement and advice of all the knowledgable staff. Each seemed to take a particular interest in my progress and goals.
I left 15 pounds lighter, more flexible and completely relaxed from the varied activities I partook in. Some of the highlights were a seminar on Chinese medicine, an unbelievable astrology reading, the Seasonal massage from Mary Ellen and the hike where we saw two bears!
After a ten day juice fast I progressed to raw food then cooked. The food was phenomenal!! The waiter, David, hiked into the woods to find me the most delicious baby Chanterelles to go with my stuffed cabbage-my favorite meal of the trip.
Armed with the knowledge I gleaned from the trip, I have found it easy and enjoyable to practice a healthy lifestyle. Thank you Copperhood!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2011

If ou want an amazing spiritually refreshing, inspiring, beautiful experience, this is a must. My advice would be to book yourself for 10 days and allow the staff led by Elizabeth to guide you through. Establish a goal and follow through with all that is recommended.
Unbelievable results for personal growth, inspiration, serenity, jump starting/ rejuvenating your mind, body, and spirit.
One -on -one with the entire staff and service providers. Awesome people who take you into their lives and work with you as if you were the most valued friend.
Personal touch to everything.
Warm, friendly and so accomodating.
I've been to the more exquisite luxurious spas and they do not compare.
The most amazing food- all genuine organic, homemade, on the spot just for you. AMAZING. Simply amazing.
If you are genuine and want genuine, do it!

Room Tip: stayed in a standard room, no glam, but clean, 103
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shandaken
23.8 km away
4.6 km away
Catskill Seasons Inn
Catskill Seasons Inn
#2 of 3 in Shandaken

Been to Copperhood Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!