“Oh my goodness!!”

Over The Moon Cafe and Bakery
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I've been wanting to try this café for a long time but when ever the opportunity came up, there was a line. I now know why. It was so good! We went for a late breakfast and were able to snag a table. I ordered an omelet. They used turkey sausage so it was not greasy like others in the past. The bread...oh the bread! The wheat toast was so absolutely perfect. I am a carbaholic and a restaurant can lose my business if they serve up cheap wheat toast. This wheat toast was so delicious and perfectly buttered. The toast alone could bring me back. But, then there were the homefries. Perfectly seasoned and crispy on the outside. It is small inside but a wait would be worth it. Husband said the coffee was fantastic and even got some to go. The child did the usual pancake and my stolen piece was bliss and melted in my mouth. Can't wait to go back and want to go for lunch! They teased me by putting the lunch menu on the back of the breakfast so will need to plan a trip!

There are newer reviews for Over The Moon Cafe and Bakery

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We were graciously greeted by a lovely hostess as we entered and again by a lovely waitress once we were seated in this quaint cafe. We arrived as the menu switched over from breakfast to lunch. Our food was delicious. Among us, we had a Reuben sandwich, a Roast Beef Chopped Salad and a Chicken Salad (Waldorf style) sandwich on a gluten free multi-grain roll (that was in fact tasty and fresh from a local bakery). Each item was accompanied by potato chips and pasta salad. All ingredients are fresh and most are locally derived. Amanda was our waitress; she was charming and informative. We walked out with some purchased baked goods as well, including some gluten free treats. We definitely will come back as we travel to and from various lake adventures. (Breakfast menu options looked awesome!) Thanks, Ladies!

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

So far my friends and I have visited on four occasions, 3 breakfast and 1 lunch visit. And to my surprise this place keeps getting better with time!!

This place is off the path a bit and looking from the road it really doesn't look like much, but as you step inside you immediately are surprised that it's cheerful and has a bright atmosphere. This place is well taken care of and unlike most diners in the area it is spotless and extremely clean!

The food speaks for itself and for the price cannot be beaten, fantastic ingredients all of which seem local when possible. Nothing is soaked in butter and fat like other local diners and breakfast joints. The food is prepared perfectly and with care. We have not had a single dish that has disappointed us yet!

The owner is extremely sweet and came out for a visit, all of the wait staff is friendly and eager to please.

Prices are reasonable and portions are perfect! My Only hope in the future is for this place to grow into a larger establishment with even more options. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice breakfast or lunch!

Reviewed 19 August 2016

I originally picked this place to meet someone for coffee. Coffee turned into lunch and I was not disappointed! The special was a grilled chicken sandwich. I got that and an ice tea. The ice tea was warm but had some ice in it. It tasted good. The sandwich was served on fresh baked bread. Over the Moon bakes their own breads too! It was a huge club sandwich. So big that I had to take out a slice in order to eat it, not that I'm complaining! The servers were friendly and the restaurant was small enough to give it an intimate feeling without being crowded.
I met my friend their again today for breakfast. Once again it didn't disappoint. The server recognized us as soon as we walked in, even though we had only been their once! We found a seat and were handed menus and asked if we wanted coffee as soon as our butts hit the seat! The coffee was served immediately and was strong (to me) but delicious. Freshly brewed. I ordered corned beef and eggs. The corned beef was made right there and the eggs were cooked to perfection and served with more of that delicious homemade bread! Our server came over to refill our coffee a couple times. The highlight of our visit was when the owner/chef came out to greet us and chat for a while. She was so friendly and told us how happy she was in the community. I predict that Over the Moon is going to continue to be a favorite for us and for the area!

Reviewed 1 August 2016

We were a large group of 18 and they were able to accommodate us. Not only was the food fresh and tasty but the owner her mother & the servers were so very pleasant.
There was a wonderful selection to choose from on the menu as well.
This is not an extremely large place but we were able to put tables together to make it work and leave room for other customers.
We will definitely stop here again when we are in the area.