“My happy place, a little gem”

Over The Moon Cafe and Bakery
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Every year when I'm visiting my family in Saratoga we make as many visits as we can to Over The Moon.
The food is deliciously cooked by Erica, the charming and delightful owner and served to us by the adorable Amanda, who remembers what I ordered a year ago and automatically places 2 plates of the scrumptious coffee cake baked to perfection by Erica that morning on to our table.
It is such a pleasure to all of us when we are welcomed and greeted by both Erica and Amanda. It's like coming home to your favourite happy place!
I ❤️ You Girls! You are part of my visit home!

There are newer reviews for Over The Moon Cafe and Bakery

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

A great small locals cafe and bakery. Good service from a very friendly wait staff. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays. Always consistently good food.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We stopped very close to closing time but our waitress was most gracious. Most bakery items were gone, as we were having lunch that did not bother us. We both had wraps that were hearty and delicious. The potato salad was also enjoyable. It was obvious there were some locals and I believe they were sent home with extra soup and baked items that wouldn't be held over for next day. Just a nice overall vibe, will definitely stop again.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Great find. Came out of the Saratoga National Park looked up a place for lunch. What a great find. Husband had the capresse sandwich, roast beef for me and best grilled cheese for the 12 year old. Waitress was the best. Wish this were closer to home!

Reviewed 1 June 2016

My wife and I found Over the moon through our use of trip advisor . We were in the Saratoga , N.Y. area throughout memorial day weekend . Although we thoroughly enjoy many restaurants throughout Saratoga we decided to try Over the moon . Our first impression was a small converted service (garage /building ) , which we happen to appreciate . The exterior is clean and neat actually quite ordinary . Parking , although we drive an extended pickup was not a problem . Maybe for some it may take a little patience to free up a spot or simply park and walk a little further from the cafe . Once entering the cafe you are greeted not only by the wonderful aroma of great food being prepared but by a warm good morning by the staff . The interior is extremely clean , and the seating is spaced nicely .

Let's get to the food . Since on this first visit we were late for breakfast we ordered lunch . I had a grilled cheese with great sharp cheddar , bleu cheese crumbles and pesto on home made white bread . Yes the bleu cheese was a special request and without hesitation our server Amanda returned to our table and said it was no problem . Served with a side of sweet potato fries and something new to me, a melba sauce . My wife had a turkey sandwich with cranberry served on home made multi grain bread and a side of fries . Served on a nice platter , well organized on the plate , hot and delicious .
We had great conversation with Amanda , our server , Kathi (with an I ) and Erika the owner .
We returned the next day for breakfast - Blueberry pancake ( yes 1- it's large ) with bacon . My wife had eggs with home made toast, home fries and we shared home made corned beef hash . Kim our server was as nice as everyone the previous day . The fresh iced tea is great as I enjoyed a few ...and my wife loved the coffee . If I were to be critical of the food at all I would say the bacon needs improvement ( local thick maybe ?). But at their reasonable prices I'm not complaining .

To sum it up Over the moon cafe has that small town feel , welcoming attitude . Great food , fairly priced . Exceptionally clean with a great owner and staff . There are many larger , elegant restaurants that should take a page from the Over the moon handbook of being gracious hosts and serving great fresh food at a reasonable price . To Erika and her staff a very heartfelt thank you from Linda and I . We were honored and will in fact return to your restaurant as dedicated customers . We sense it's more than about the money , it is certainly to us about small town america .
Thank you ...Larry and Linda