“Go with the hash”
Review of Sweeney's

Sweeney's
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

No canned junk here. Real cubed corned beef, fried up with onions and potatoes. Order it twice, put it on a pancake and top it with an egg.

There are newer reviews for Sweeney's

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I had been to this place a few times before when it was Eli's. We went for breakfast this morning as a little treat to my wife and daughter and arrived at 8:00. We seated ourselves without any acknowledgement like a "Good morning, we'll be right with you" despite the fact that there was only one other table of two or three people there at the time and at least two employees were there, one of whom never moved from the end of the "bar". Apparently, only one of them was on duty or maybe she was the only "server". Regardless, after 5 minutes or so we finally were asked what we wanted for a beverage. Again, there was hardly anyone in the place so I don't know why it took that long. When our drinks arrived we ordered our breakfast. My daughter got the breakfast burrito, my wife went with the two eggs & toast and I got the Eggs Benedict. When we were served, the table next to us got their order ahead of us despite them arriving and ordering after we did. I guess not a big deal but my eggs were pretty much cool by that time. Makes you wonder if they held our order after it was done to make it convenient to serve adjacent tables at one time instead of ensuring each table of getting a hot meal. The breakfast burrito was lukewarm at best but it was very tasty. With the Eggs Benedict, the Hollandaise sauce was a bit too "lemony" for my liking. I ordered the Cajun hash browns which were tasty but also lukewarm at best, cut into fairly large chunks and not crispy whatsoever. I'm used to slightly smaller pieces and having them a bit crispier on the outside. Portions were more than adequate but, to me, the quality (temp, taste <-- of Hollandaise sauce and cooking <-- size and crispiness of hash browns especially) was lacking. Overall prices are more inline with Saratoga at this time of the year than Schuylerville, in my opinion, and if they decide to keep their price-point where it currently is I feel they will likely not be in business at this time next year. I could absolutely be wrong on that but, in my experience as a lifelong area resident, people from Schuylerville don't want to spend that kind of money on breakfast even occasionally and other than maybe a random small tour group passing through every once in a while, I doubt that many will make the trip from even just outside of town to Sweeney's for a meal of this caliber, especially considering the cost. Ultimately, I liked the food, pricing and experience better when it was Eli's. Sorry, but unless something changes drastically and soon, that was my first and last experience at Sweeney’s.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Great Place for Breakfast with nice strong coffee ❣I So love the potatoes are really really good choice of Reg or Cajun seasoning! We were there with family everyday that I was home ❣I'll be back for Christmas I'll be home for a week and this will be my breakfast treat then I don't have to eat till dinner❗️The service was wonderful as well only had to wait a few minutes once it was busy ! Just thinking about there food makes me hungry I hope you're in business for a long time my home town needs you❣✈️

Reviewed 23 August 2016

For a first time customer, I am truly impressed with all!! The atmosphere is cute and inviting. The selection of the menu is top notch, right along with the prices, very reasonable, if not, the best in town! I had their 'mini general'...out of this world! The fluffiest pancakes and the bacon cooked right to perfection. The wait staff were very friendly and always with a smile on their face. As the title says, will definitely be back many more times to come!! Sweeney's is #1!!!

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We've now eaten at Sweeneys three or four times and have always been more than satisfied. The pancakes are the fluffiest and tastiest I've ever had and my husband is wild over the corn beef hash! The Ruben sandwich for lunch for my husband and the home cooked turkey for me are to die for. The best thing about Sweeneys for a person like me who has a dairy allergy is the staff goes out of their way to accommodate my meal choice. They also use local fresh products which we appreciate. We will be back again very soon.