“Best BBQ Friendly employees”
Review of Mr. P's Mountain Smokehouse - CLOSED

Mr. P's Mountain Smokehouse
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Excellent gluten free menu, desserts, carrot cake was very good. BBQ was excellent also such as chicken and pork. We had homemade cake and chocolate/ pecan desserts

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stopped by for lunch, mostly because we found a parking space just outside and decided to give it a try. I ordered brisket, which was tender and came with horseradish sauce. My wife had the pulled pork -- served with cole slaw on top. Fries were good, too.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We're from Virginia so we've had plenty of good southern barbecue. Mr. P's menu looked good so we decided to give it a try. We were sooo glad we did. My husband was intrigued by one of the sides--Barbecue Baked Beans, containing beans with hot Italian sausage and brisket burnt ends. He ordered a meal-sized portion. What an explosion of flavor--savory and spicy with a sweet twist that lingered in the mouth. I went for the classic: Memphis-style pulled pork with yummy slaw. The meat was juicy and tender. There were choices of house BBQ sauces on the table. I chose the salt potatoes for my side. They were tender new potatoes with a creamy texture, and dripping with butter. Yum! The bill for this feast? $20--what a bargain! The staff were super friendly and helpful. Next time we're in Schroon Lake, we will definitely stop again.

2  Thank 2CountryWalkers
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were here in mid-July 2014. My son had been here once before and found it to be delicious. Their menu is interesting and appears to offer lots of good choices. I wanted to try their deviled eggs, but they weren't available at 11:45 on a Friday morning. My mom wanted to get the baked beans with her sandwich (which, the menu says, comes with one side ... but who knew? ... the baked beans, listed first under "Sides," is NOT a side that comes with a meal!). We all wanted fresh-brewed ice tea, which is a standard at BBQ places we've been to around the country -- but it's only available in bottles here. Granted, it's Honest Tea, which is one of our favorite brands. But seriously, fresh-brewed iced tea should be available at a BBQ place, no? I had only a credit card, but they couldn't get their internet access to work, so I had to borrow cash from a family member and hit up an ATM later on to repay her. I ordered the special -- a roasted turkey sandwich with fresh veggies and lettuces, etc -- but it came with what I swear was pulled pork, not turkey, and very few vegetables, which were over-cooked and over-dressed with balsamic or something like it. I also got a big bag of their homemade chips. Stale, rubbery, just not good. I'm disappointed to say that this place was kind of a bust for us. It's nice to have a BBQ place in town. My son said it was much better, and quite delicious, when he was there earlier in the summer with his friends. Overall, doable, but average.

1  Thank 2Qbeds
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I can see why this place always has cars parked outside. Nothing like barbecue and beers on the lake. We had a beautiful cottage on Schroon Lake and grabbed brisket, pulled pork, ribs and chicken "to-go" rather than sit in the restaurant. Plus the beers were on ice back in the cottage and - man, what an enjoyable dinner. Everything was great, the sides were exceptional - the bleu cheese cole slaw was the bomb - and there was no downside to any of it. If you're exploring the Adirondacks, this is a great place to stop and eat. You'll need a nap.