“Great Mexican!!”

Casa Maya Mexican Grill
Ranked #46 of 119 Restaurants in Scarsdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

We really love this place. Always solid and good service. Band is only there Fri and Sat night but adds a nice touch.

Reviewed 24 November 2015 via mobile

As other TA reviewers have noted, Casa Maya is no longer & the premises remain a Mexican restaurant but under new ownership with a new name, Maya Cocina.
My parents (longtime local to the area) had been enamoured of Casa Maya for some time, but avoided it for awhile until after they heard of the new ownership.
I gather Casa Maya had been under the (now in-)famous Racanelli's local restaurant mini-empire (Pizza & Brew(s), Spiga). With the death of the family patriarch came big changes, resulting in some unhappy longstanding customers, I gather from TA reviews.
This afternoon, my parents suggested they treat us to lunch & we go to Maya Cocina, after they had a lovely meal there with friends a few months ago.
The waiter was great--unfailingly polite & professional and attending to us quickly. Admittedly it was quiet, but I couldn't fault him. (We sent back our Diet Cokes due to flatness & new ones came back perfectly carbonated.) Warm tasty tortilla chips & salsa were tasty as we made our selections.
Our meals--varied combinations of the "make your own combo" menu---were delivered quickly & looked great. Clearly care & attention to detail was happening in the kitchen.
Chicken chimichangas & guacamole, & the beef filling in the tacos were amongst the best I've ever had.
Our 4 plates were eaten clean by the end out of greed---we all really enjoyed our meal.
I did note a placard outside (photo submitted) advertising the "happy hour: bar only"...which I can see would be a bone of contention for clients! But, that being said, I think it's worth reading only recent reviews of this place under this new ownership before you make a decision on whether to visit or not.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Have a monthly dinner with some of my dear friends. Prefer to be there on a Friday when you can enjoy their handsome Mexican singer. He comes to your table and sings your favorite songs. We take pictures with him and enjoy Margaritas.
I usually start at the bar where you can get your drinks and some delicious tapas from the very nice bartender who joins you in the conversation if you wish.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Now called, "Maya Cocina". The portions are small for the price. Tacos were average, steak was cooked well. Lime margarita tasted good after I added FIVE Lime wedges to it. Not a bad night out, just average and a bit over-priced for the portion size.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

Now called "Maya Cocina," I have found this place to be a lot better than some of the other reviewers have. Most of the Mexican dishes and drinks are good/very good, if not the most authentic. The salsa is a standout, as good as any I've had in Westchester. Depending on what you order, lunch can be incredibly inexpensive--the "South of the Border" and Fajita sandwiches are quite good, and an appetizer called "Pizza Mexicano" is tasty and big enough to have as a main course (unfortunately, it's not on the dinner menu). Dinners also are mostly pretty good (I generally get fajitas or a combination platter), but I have found the chicken dishes superior to the beef ones. One major negative: as another reviewer pointed out, the drinks are very much overpriced (though they are currently offering $4 Margaritas with Saturday dinners). One favorite of my family's is the "Four Course Dinner with Margarita," which is available Sundays through Thursdays for $25.95 or $29,95 per person, depending on what you order as your entree. It comes with an appetizer (generally one similar to the Pizza Mexicano), a soup or salad, the entree, a Margarita, and--finally--a great desert, generally either "fried ice cream" or "bananas Foster." While I generally don't go there on Fridays ansd Saturdays, they have a strolling Mariachi then. Maya Cocina certainly isn't on the level with the best NYC Mexican places like "Rosa Mexicana," but it has struck me as a lot better than some of the other reviewers have said here. It's worth a try.