“Local favorite with organic, seasonal cuisine”

Miss Lucy's Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 82 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017

This is a great spot, with an extensive seasonal menu that draws on local produce and meats. Even my morally motivated vegetarian daughter ate some responsibly raised turkey in a pot pie that inspired envy in the rest of us. The dessert menu changes daily as well, with fresh-baked tarts and pies, as well as the amazing banana pudding in a teacup that I had. The service is friendly, they have a wide range of local beers and ciders, the decor is homey and comfortable, and the presentation is fantastic. It's not inexpensive, but you're getting quality at every level.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

2.0 star rating 10/1/2017

This place has been coasting on a good review they got in the Times, 12 years ago. The food was ok but overpriced: almost $30 for four scallops and a small side dish. The atmosphere was meh: little kids running around making a racket, slow, indifferent service.

We complained to the manager, who wouldn't comp the meal, but gave us a,gift voucher if we wanted to come back a second time. When we did, @ 2:45 on a Saturday afternoon, another indifferent employee told us that they're closed between 3-5 & we'd have to return later. No mention was made of needing to reserve a table. When we returned at 5:30 the same day, the place was nearly empty, but the hostess said she couldn't seat us without a reservation. The manager took her sweet old time about ambling over to explain that the tables were reserved for an hour from then, so we couldn't be accommodated unless we didn't mind being seated at a table and then moving over to the bar if we weren't done eating within the hour (not likely, considering how slow the service is there!!) Needless to say, we didn't stay and will not be returning. Srsly, have you seen this place? Who do they think they are?

1  Thank OleBattleaxe
Reviewed 17 September 2017

My friend and I stopped in for Sunday brunch a few weeks ago and were treated to a delightful meal. We ordered benedicts with all of the trimmings. The Canadian bacon on top tasted very flavorful!

Make sure to ask for more side salad if you're not big into the home fries. The mimosas were great and the coffee was fresh!

Miss Lucy's is part of the really cute downtown area. Make sure to take a walk around.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

My friend and I stop here every time we got to her house in the Catskills. It's become a tradition, but only because the food is so good. The menu changes regularly in accordance with seasonal local ingredients. I often skip dessert, but Miss Lucy's dessert menu is absolutely worth the calories... and the consequent carb coma! As an added bonus, they're open pretty late for an upstate restaurant to accommodate the weekenders from the city.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My husband & I returned to Miss Lucy's after having a terrible lunch there a few years ago. We were seated at the bar at 6PM Sunday because we didn't have a reservation, even though several tables were empty when we arrived and when we left. I had the soft shell crabs and my husband had a pizza. The crabs were tasty, although small; the potato salad and slaw sides were excellent. My husband said his pizza was good, w/ fresh ingredients. Not fabulous, but enjoyable. Our problem was with the service. We were obviously sitting next to friends of the bartender, who had a loud, personal (& boring) conversation with our neighbors during our entire meal. It was thoughtless and rude. The food wasn't so fabulous that I'd endure the poorly trained wait staff anytime in the near future.