“Cash-only Brunch”
Review of Tango Cafe - CLOSED

Tango Cafe
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I enjoyed this little cafe quite a lot! My BF and I came here for Sunday brunch, and the place was nearly empty. There was only one person working at the time--both in the kitchen and waiting tables. This made for slow service, but it was actually better than busier, more upscale places I've been. The atmosphere of this place is very trendy but comfy as well--as is most of the town. We ordered an empanada each and two paninis. The panini combinations all sound delicious and new; you can tell there was a lot of thought that went into the construction of this menu. The empanadas, while small for their price, were tasty, and the paninis were absolutely delicious. I got the Juneau: the salmon burger tasted fresh and non-fishy, the basalmic sauce worked great with the onions, and the salad it came with was perfectly dressed. For only one person working at the time, the food was exemplary.

The restaurant gets one star knocked off because, when I went to pay, the worker told me it was cash only. I didn't have a problem with this, but it would have been nice if we were informed of this before we ordered and ate.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Was one of those days that I just wanted to spend it with my daughter so we decided to make a day trip to Saugerties for some shopping, food and exploring, which is how we came upon Tango.

We were walking down the street, looking at the different menus, happened to be in front of Tangos when a local made the comment as he was walking in "They make great food here, you can't go wrong!" Which is when I asked the question "How about the vegetarian entrees?" and he confirmed that they had quite a few choices for vegetarian- and he was right, yay!

So my daughter ordered vegetarian spring rolls, which were pleasantly plated- the spring rolls cut at a diagonal, placed onto a small bed of lettuce with a dipping sauce in the middle. I also tried a bite, the filling was nicely done, but the actualy spring roll wrap just a little thick, but still very good.

I ordered a Brie paninni with spinach and a grilled portabella mushroom that was lightly seasoned with a subtle use of garlic and a side of fries. Not really a huge fan of fries but the sandwich was quite good.

If we were there again I might stop back in as they had another dish, a vegetarian empanada that also grabbed my interest.

Decor was pleasant, enjoyed the art work on the walls as well as the music they were playing and the staff were genuinely pleasant.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

There are antique places and boutiques but we had the toddler and were headed for the swingset-
argintinean empandas peaked our interest- ham empanadas and chicken empanadas were layered with wonderful subtle flavors--- tasty!
the shop smells of roasted coffee-- yummy

bring cash

1  Thank trymahjong
Reviewed 10 January 2012

A great authentic restaurant with great food and comfortable decor. Pleaseant staff and great service.

Reviewed 22 July 2010

i recently went into tango for breakfast with my sister the food was amazing and plenty of it....we decided to share the mediterranean omlette and i am glad we did there was soooo much food we each had a full plate of fruit with multi grain toast and fruit and i must say the iced coffee was very good and i don't care what anyone says not everyone can make coffee :) it is a laid back atmosphere you are not rushed out the door you can sit back and relax after your meal.
i highly recommend you try this place :)