“Vegetarians delight. :)”
Review of Tango Cafe - CLOSED

Tango Cafe
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Was one of those days that I just wanted to spend it with my daughter so we decided to make a day trip to Saugerties for some shopping, food and exploring, which is how we came upon Tango.

We were walking down the street, looking at the different menus, happened to be in front of Tangos when a local made the comment as he was walking in "They make great food here, you can't go wrong!" Which is when I asked the question "How about the vegetarian entrees?" and he confirmed that they had quite a few choices for vegetarian- and he was right, yay!

So my daughter ordered vegetarian spring rolls, which were pleasantly plated- the spring rolls cut at a diagonal, placed onto a small bed of lettuce with a dipping sauce in the middle. I also tried a bite, the filling was nicely done, but the actualy spring roll wrap just a little thick, but still very good.

I ordered a Brie paninni with spinach and a grilled portabella mushroom that was lightly seasoned with a subtle use of garlic and a side of fries. Not really a huge fan of fries but the sandwich was quite good.

If we were there again I might stop back in as they had another dish, a vegetarian empanada that also grabbed my interest.

Decor was pleasant, enjoyed the art work on the walls as well as the music they were playing and the staff were genuinely pleasant.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

There are antique places and boutiques but we had the toddler and were headed for the swingset-
argintinean empandas peaked our interest- ham empanadas and chicken empanadas were layered with wonderful subtle flavors--- tasty!
the shop smells of roasted coffee-- yummy

bring cash

1  Thank trymahjong
Reviewed 10 January 2012

A great authentic restaurant with great food and comfortable decor. Pleaseant staff and great service.

Reviewed 22 July 2010

i recently went into tango for breakfast with my sister the food was amazing and plenty of it....we decided to share the mediterranean omlette and i am glad we did there was soooo much food we each had a full plate of fruit with multi grain toast and fruit and i must say the iced coffee was very good and i don't care what anyone says not everyone can make coffee :) it is a laid back atmosphere you are not rushed out the door you can sit back and relax after your meal.
i highly recommend you try this place :)

Reviewed 3 June 2010

Stopped in for lunch. Low key, but fun Main Street atmosphere. Very friendly staff. The food was delicious and portions huge - the Cubano sandwich was one of the best in recent memory with a tangy mustard that is out of this world. Good people/car watching on Main Street from the front window. Big screen TV if you want to catch the football match.