“Perfect location”

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We stayed here on a quick overnight stay in Saratoga Springs. Never having been to the area, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The motel couldn't be in a better location!! It is in the middle of the charming downtown area with a variety of restaurants around. The layout of the motel is really nice, with all the rooms opening to the pool/atrium area, which makes it seem a bit more like a hotel. The only complaint I would have is that the rooms seemed very dated, the bathrooms in particular, and for the price we paid, I wasn't expecting that. I'm not sure how the prices in this area run, but we've stayed in a bunch of similar level inns and motels that were slightly less expensive with more modern rooms and furnishings. However, the room and bathroom was very clean, which is the most important thing to me! They also have a lot of local area information available in the lobby. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Arrived early evening feeling fairly travel-worn after spending the majority of the day in the car. The staff made us very welcome and were incredibly helpful with any information we required. They were good humoured and made our stay in Saratoga Springs memorable. The accommodation was perfectly adequate and clean. A great central base!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I have stayed at the Saratoga Downtowner twice and each time was wonderful. You can't beat its location, walkable to everything important in town. The property has an indoor pool, very good and FREE WiFi and cable TV available. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. At the start of my last stay and upon checking in I discovered my room had no refrigerator but all I had to do was ask the young man at the reception desk and within 5 minutes he delivered a fridge to me. Any of the staff is glad to assist and my thanks to that young man Sunday afternoon who helped with the fridge and to Carolyn who always has a pleasant smile and attitude. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed May 2012
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I've stayed at the Downtowner many times and was always treated with a great staff and very clean rooms. Although I never used the pool (because I can,t swim), it Looks very clean and maintained, and because its indoors the weather outside doesn't play a factor in using it, which I see many guests do. The continental breakfast is fresh, as is the coffee, and a wide variety of teas. The only proble sometimes is the parking. The lot is small and the municipal lots used to fill up fast. Now they are being torn up. But the location being in the middle of town allows one to leave the car in the lot and walk just about everywhere in town or take a taxi, that aren't that expensive, not nearly as much as New York City.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank John B
Austin
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I checked in early evening on a Thursday night. Get there early to get a parking spot right in front of the building. I think there is parking behind the motel in a free lot.

The lobby was small. The staff I met seemed nice. I was given my key and had to drag my bags up a steep staircase to the 2nd floor. My room faced the inside of a long narrow ... dare I say 'atrium' with a pool on the first floor. That was something I am not accustom to so thus the term Funky.

My room had an odd scent to it when I first opened the door. It wasn’t over powering or horrible but it was a strange smell.

The room was typical for that price motel. The window over looked into the atrium with the walkway going passed each room. You could feel the vibrations as people walked by the room.

I thought that I was not going to get much sleep because my room was between a gaggle of teenagers running back and forth. The noise echoes quite a bit.

I loved the location. I was able to walk right out of the building and hit some very cool spots. Downtown Saratoga Springs is realy fun.

I went to my room to do some work and call it a night. I was lucky that it was quiet and was able to sleep. I can see how easy it could become very loud there.

Breakfast was basically carbs and hot water beverages.

Stay for the price, location and weirdness.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the pool area can get loud.