“DO NOT pass up this place!”
Review of Ravenous

Ravenous
Price range: USD 12 - USD 15
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Ravenous features a wide selection of savory and sweet crepes for lunch, dinner, or weekend brunch. Locals also rave about the Belgian pommes frites - fresh-cut, twice-cooked French fries served in paper cones, with your choice of dipping sauce. Beer, wine, espresso concoctions and homemade cold drinks round out a unique menu.
Reviewed 20 April 2018

My wife and I are vacationing at Lake George and we took time to visit Saratoga Springs. In researching the local restaurants on Trip Advisor, I came across Ravenous.

We went there for lunch, and they told us they had an unexpected crowd that day, so we had to wait about 15 minutes (it was well worth the wait). The restaurant is small but very well laid out with seating at tables, as well as a counter and a few window seats. It was also immaculately clean.

The selection of crepes is amazing, both in the categories of savory crepes for lunch and sweet crepes for dessert. My wife and I both had one of their "specials" on the menu, which consisted of a small order of their pommes frites, a crepe made with ham, gruyere cheese and grilled asparagus, and a small dessert crepe (I chose one made with blueberries, while my wife chose one with lemon curd). We also enjoyed their special Moroccan iced green tea made with mint and honey which was very refreshing.

The portions were generous, very reasonably priced and the food was absolutely fantastic! I have had crepes in New York City, the Michigan Upper Peninsula and places in between, but these are the very best I have ever had.

Even with the crowd, everyone with the staff - from the front of the house to the back of the house - was chipping in so that people were greeted courteously and served efficiently. They all knew their jobs and they did it well - and it was an experience just watching how well they handled everyone.

My wife and I recommend this place highly. If you are in Saratoga Springs, make it a point to eat at Ravenous. You will be in for an excellent experience.

Ravenous C, Owner at Ravenous, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

I am so fortunate for guests such as you along with my staff. Without you both, I could not even imagine the opportunity to live my dream as a chef, owner, employer and most importantly a host. Thank you for your review!

Dave

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

As always so yummy and filling, plus one more with dessert. Never disappoints. Crepes and Frittes...aioli (garlic).

Reviewed 10 February 2018

The menu offers an inviting variety of crepes, and the food is nicely prepared. Offerings feel very “healthy.” Prices are creeping up and portions seemed to be shrinking on our last visit.

Ravenous C, Owner at Ravenous, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Callisto,
Thanks for the 4 Stars and the feedback. We have not had any increases on prices since 2016. How long has it been since you were in? I will however, keep an eye on the portions to make sure my team is following my direction. I'd rather too big than too small. I would hate to upset somebody over an ounce or two of filling. Thanks for mentioning the healthy aspect of our menu. We strive for fresh from scratch in our kitchen. Say hello next time you are in.

Dave

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We just lucked out when we decided to drive North from NYC to Saratoga Springs for the day. We could only find parking by the Public lot and lo and behold, Ravenous creperie was right there. We had the Green Mountain and the Godfather's garden crepes and simple salads. They were great! As well as the Wonderfully Hot Apple Cider on a very cold morning. Unfortunately fryer was out of order or we would have tried the pomme frites. I would definitely recommend Ravenous but be sure to get her early as its a small restaurant and it fills up quickly.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Savory or sweet Ravenous is your go to place for crepes.
I decided to have the crêpe boudreaux. The pomme frites were perfect.
I had the sirrah ketchup dipping sauce. I was full when I finished but I didn't want to leave until I had the dulce de leche sweet crepe. Both crepes were great but the sweet crepe was marvelous. So delicious!