“Call it quaint but I call it dirty”
Review of Ravenous

Ravenous
Price range: USD 12 - USD 15
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Ravenous features a wide selection of savory and sweet crepes for lunch, dinner, or weekend brunch. Locals also rave about the Belgian pommes frites - fresh-cut, twice-cooked French fries served in paper cones, with your choice of dipping sauce. Beer, wine, espresso concoctions and homemade cold drinks round out a unique menu.
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I couldn't wait to go to Ravenous because it has such and interesting and eclectic menu. I have to say the food was very good but the facility itself is in need of a good cleaning. I wouldn't put my purse on the floor because it's downright grungy, as is the baseboard. The screen door as we entered was just filthy.

I appreciate the old buildings in Saratoga but old buildings still need to be cleaned.

1  Thank Joanne G
Ravenouscrepes, Owner at Ravenous, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thank you for your business and your candid feedback. We pride ourselves in serving fresh and high quality food but also in our clean kitchen and general establishment up keeping. We appreciated your pointers about the front of the house; we will look into it and give it the attention that it needs as soon as possible.
Julie

Reviewed 2 July 2017

If you are looking for a place that is fancy or fine dining this is not it. This is highly informal and a very basic place. The food is superb. The signature item is crepes and fries and that are the best. We have driven 30 miles for the food and located in the charming city of Saratoga a bounds.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

This was a new place for my girlfriend and I. We came for brunch. Was very please with the high quality of food as we ordered chili con carney with poached eggs. We also ordered a apple/pear crepe. Both were made to perfection!

Wait staff was good. Restaurant was clean. I rarely give a "5" but they deserve it!

Congrats!

1  Thank Ray C
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We were welcomed with a smile in this quaint little neighborhood restaurant. Staff was friendly and the waitress helped me with my stroller to put it out of the way. Food was good consisting if a mix of different crepes. We opted to try both the sweet and the savory. The savory was absolutely delish! the sweet was good but I have had better. The strawberries were a bit mushy (not sure if they were fresh or frozen) and the crepe itself was good, not great. They also advertise these wonderful "pommes frites", or french fries... these too were good, not awesome although the dipping sauces were amazing. I would definitely go back for the savory crepe and the great customer service.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

For about $16 you get a small order of their Belgian type fries with a choice of one dipping sauce, side salad, choice of 3 crepes (nice size) and a "mini" crepe for dessert. A great way to get their savory and sweet experience. Although if you have a sweet tooth, keep in mind the mini is really about bite size (or maybe two) and might not meet your needs. We arrived about 11:40 am and the place was nearly empty, but by noon it was packed. Even so, we did not feel rushed. The food was made to order and was delicious.