“A Great Anniversary Getaway”

Longfellows Hotel, Restaurant, and Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Upstate New York
“A Great Anniversary Getaway”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed at Longfellows with my wife for our three year anniversary. We booked the romance package which includes a four course dinner, hotel room, homemade local chocolates and a bottle of chilled champagne.
Checking in was quick, the room was very nice. It had a cozy jacuzzi jet tub, refrigerator, tv, and a king size bed set atop of a loft style bedroom.
After check in we relaxed and had a few beers and went to dinner. The restaurant part of this hotel was incredible, the food amazing. Not a single complaint about anything we ate. Top quality all around. We sat by a fireplace which was a nice touch. My wife enjoyed the beef wellington and I probably had the best steak I have ever had. A prime cilantro butter coated strip steak. DELICIOUS. We brought our dessert back to our room for later and relaxed on the couch. The bed was comfortable, and enjoyed a nice nights sleep.
In the morning the complimentary breakfast was good, a few pastries, coffee and a newspaper. What else do you need? After breakfast checkout was quick and we drove back home.
I would definitely recommend this hotel/restaurant to anybody.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
RVC NY
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Spent a night at this lovely hotel and found it to be very charming and accommodating. The check in staff was very courteous and polite. I had asked a few questions about the area and they had great knowledge of Saratoga and places to eat and browse. I found this hotel to be very convenient to town and had a lovely nature path to the lake. This was a great place and value.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank frankdaddy
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed one night in September for my cousin's wedding. If I read some of the other comments I may not have stayed because I believe too much of what people say and I am a partial germ-a-phobe. I stayed in a two queen bed room with my parents & sister, and was worried it would be too small and tried to talk my Dad into a bigger room. The room was perfect size, the two beds were not crammed in and the bathroom was huge and clean, no tiles popping up. I do think the walls by the sink were sticky - but they looked clean so I really didn't care. I just figured it was due to the paint & humidity from people showering or maybe a cleaning product stripped the paint? but the Shower had great water pressure and it looked pretty clean to me. As for the bed - it wasn't great but I have never stayed in a hotel that I actually liked the bed, I wouldn't say it was worse than any other. Our room was in the hotel not the building with the restaurant and I thought the room was clean And.. I actually walked around the room in my socks, I never do that! TV may not have been a flat screen, but we were there for a wedding & had no time for tv anyway. the restaurant was gorgeous, I would love to go back with my husband & kids and the wedding was beautiful Food was awesome.
staff in hotel were very friendly, breakfast and breakfast area were pretty good too. Overall I loved it and would like to go back.

Room Tip: Our room was the first floor in the Hotel portion of the Hotel and we had NO problems at all and we...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Trish R
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My wife and I have stayed here several occasions over the past few years, something just keeps bringing us back. The rooms are clean, up-to-date, and spacious, and the beds are wonderful. The service is second-to-none, the staff are responsive, courteous, and attentive. It's proximity to the superb Longfellow's restaurant just a few dozen yards away makes this a great romantic retreat. Plus, it's near the cute town of Saratoga, as well as near the famous Saratoga Springs horse racing tracks, as well as the historic Saratoga Springs National Battlefield.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 2nd floor, it's a tad noisy when people are above you when you are stay...
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank toddone1
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Took a group of 16 guys for a bachelor party weekend in Saratoga. We had 3 suites and one regular room, which easily accomodated our group. The staff was very helpful throughout the reservation process and during our stay. Rooms were mostly very clean, and the cleaning staff did a great job cleaning up after our big group. The only thing we noticed was in one of the bathrooms, there were spiderwebs/cobwebs in every corner of the bathroom so it seemed as though it hadn't been cleaned thoroughly in quite some time.
The front desk helped us out alot, from setting up taxis to organizing trips into Saratoga in the Longfellows van. Free breakfast each morning was a big hit with the group, much better than most free breakfasts that hotels offer.
Great location, close enough to the track and downtown without paying the premium race season prices. We would all stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends