All reviews hudson valley west point the main house storm king breakfast was delicious brotherhood winery wonderful hosts hill room other guests gas fireplace bridal suite modern conveniences house is beautiful b bs perfect weekend jacuzzi tub every amenity
Reviewed 4 December 2017

My boyfriend and I had a lovely stay at Caldwell House. We stayed in the Carriage House (Trophy Point Room) and it was wonderful. Room was very clean, hosts were incredibly friendly and helpful. We arrived Friday night and had food/drinks at the local pub that is in walking distance from their home (2 min walk) which was great after a long drive to not have to get back in the car. It is also 6 min drive to Brotherhood Winery, where we spent most of the day on Saturday. In the carriage house there is a common area (with a refrigerator, Keurig and microwave) which we utilized as well. Breakfast was delicious. We would definitely come back again!

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 4 December 2017

The Caldwell House is a great place to stay. I am a USMA grad, and go there fairly often for events. Since I have found Caldwell House, it is my choice for overnights. It is only about 20 minutes from the Academy, and provides a much superior environment than any of the chain hotels.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2017

The room was really great. It had its own bathroom with shower which is a plus. The Comfy bed, tv, and wine glasses are a good set up after a day of wandering around Storm King Art Center. For Breakfast The Strawberry Stuffed French Toast was absolutely amazing and I would consider going just for the breakfast if I were in the area. Jk.. maybe.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
jfinneran, Owner at Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back for breakfast any time!

John and Dena

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Trip was for wine tasting. I had no business being with the gal I was with, but be that as it may, this place was remarkable! The bathroom was odd but cool. Fireplace, mid room tub, you name...it had lots of character.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Moher Room, on a quick weekend getaway without the kids. The room is really nice with a fire place, big soaking tub, large tv, etc. Was perfect for what we were looking for. Dena cooked breakfast both mornings as well and it was nice sitting with the other guests and getting to know everyone. Also, very delicious breakfasts.

If you go, definitely take the time to check out Storm King. 500 acres, right at the base of the mountain, with sculptures laid out throughout the grounds. We'll be back. Thanks Dena.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank calz21
jfinneran, Owner at Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

We're so happy that your weekend getaway was as relaxing and refreshing as you had hoped. Glad you had the chance to enjoy Storm King Art Center - it is certainly a guest favorite and only 3 miles from the Inn!
We look forward to seeing you back here again,

John and Dena