“Worth the trip...great experience!”
Review of Hilton Westchester

Hilton Westchester
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

We just returned from our first ever stay at Westchester Hilton..let me start off with saying this.. We like to stay in fairly decent hotels, not all ritzy ritzy but clean rooms with a pool.. I read reviews and was kind of worried to say the least...my review will be honest as I know how important guest reviews are when choosing your hotel for travel...

Upon arrival at 5:00pm 4/18/15, parking was easy to find...the walk to lobby entrance was fine, not as long as previous reviews have stated.. If you have a lot of luggage pull up to hotel's main entrance prior to parking in lot...check-in with friendly staff went smoothly and quickly... Modern updated interior was appealing and clean... Carpets brand new stain free...our room was spacious and tastefully decorated, our beds were comfy only downfall were the too hard pillows.. Bring your own...but the little details is where they will fall short.. Our room's lock did not close without us forcing very hard to make sure door shut and latched..also, our bathroom door just had the knob, no lock, no actual latch...the mini fridge was mini alright and did not get super cold.. Too small for that sort of room and our items were stuffed into...pool was wonderful..nice size, plenty of towels, whirlpool hot...we had a great time...our room was quiet, nice grounds.. Ate breakfast at Harth, was OK... Variety was good, try the Muffins Though... They were delicious...but overall quality not as great as it could be or should be to warrant their prices...all staff ( check-in, restaurant, doormen) were pleasant, warm and friendly...my family had a wonderful stay and would come again...

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Nooners73
Kai F, General Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2015

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and greatly appreciate the kind words. We would also like to address the items you mentioned in your room so if you could email me at kai.fischer@hilton.com your stay information we can follow up on those items as well. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Westchester

Reviewed 18 April 2015 via mobile

This hotel is nice, but very big. It's a hike down the hall to get the ice bucket filled. The eatery down stairs is very good (excellent salads), but very pricey $$$). We had trouble in more than one room, (on different floors/opposite side of the building); like i said, VERY big. There was a plumbing problem with the toilets...we heard a few horror stories about the subject. Overall, the rooms were nice and landscape was pleasant.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ponies4Ever
Kai F, General Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Thank you for the kind comments regarding the food and beverage and wonderful grounds. We do offer a retreat like setting that allow guests to select rooms either close to the lobby or further away for a more tranquil setting. We hope upon your return you allow us to place you in a room closer to the lobby.

Reviewed 17 April 2015

I come here quite often for work and the hotel communicated through our company communication team they had renovated all rooms and were promoting stays at Hilton. While I heard little good about this hotel from colleagues, I wanted to give it a fair chance before judging. The closset shelf was so gisgustingly dirty (and I'm not talking about a bit of dust) I just didn't unpack my suitcase. The rest of the room disapointed as well (hairs in the bathroom) non closing window. The so called "renovation" of the rooms at best was some new wall paper, a paintjob and a new mirror in the bathroom but that was it. A huge overpormise (at least for my room). So no netxt time I'll stay in another hotel in White Plains or Westchester. The Fitness and restaurant was ok though, no complaints about those.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Rohnny Mr S

Thank you so much for sharing your comments. we had some work done in that room that had not been cleaned up before you checked in which is unacceptable. We have spoken with our team members to ensure this doesn't happen again and look forward to earning your confidence back during a return visit. If you would please contact me once you have made return travel plans so we can ensure you have enjoyable experience. As one of our top customers, we pride ourselves on taking great care of your company's travelers.

Reviewed 13 April 2015

We just spent the passover holiday at this hotel as we have for many years. this year: (a) our room did not have a working telephone for our entire stay; it was never fixed, despite daily complaints, each time answered by reception with "this is the first I have heard of your complaint." (b) a set of outdoor steps had become seriously crumbled, and until we complained nothing was done---then the area was cordoned off. (c) Many candles (200 or more 24 hour candles) were lit in a lobby room to celebrate the holiday, but were sporadically watched, while toddlers would come buy to "nudge them and try to blow them out---horrific. (d) Bathroom amenities such as a simple shower caps are no longer being supplied. (e) I suspect that towels dropped on the floor are recirculated to other rooms.
The food was generally nutritious, the baked good atrocious, our waitresses were excellent----but the experience has left a bad taste, and I no longer can recommend it unless it undergoes a makeover, and
is manned by courteous staff (From the manager on down) who do not treat their guests with contempt.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank R T
Kai F, General Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2015

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We pride ourselves on creating a relaxing and wonderful environment for our guests. We greatly apologize for not meeting that expectation and look forward to following up with directly to obtain further details to help us resolves any concerns moving forward. Please reach out to me at kai.fischer@hilton.com or 914-234-2500 at your convenience. We did bring in a technician 4 times to correct the phone issue but were unfortunately unable with the holiday to enter the room. That has been resolved. Although we did not cater any of the holiday events we will pass along your feedback to the tour operator and caterer. Our goal is create a seamless experience so you can enjoy the holiday and time together with family and look forward to meeting that expectation moving forward as well.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

My husband and I attended the Beatle Fest,so we stayed for 4 days, 3 nights. Kudos to the staff for accommodating a sold out event on a month's notice. The breakout rooms for the Fest activities were GREAT.

Pros:
Fabulous pool - plenty of towels, tropical-like warm water, plenty of light from large windows & skylight, great acoustics and just right jacuzzi

Fitness Center - Modern equipment with a variety of choices and clean machines
Fridge in room

Quiet-ish room,with a fan option on the thermostat to help drown out noise - We had noisy upstairs folks a few times, so the soundproofing is not the greatest in the ceiling, but the fan helps cover it

Nice turkey sandwich and hamburger at the little kiosks they set up for Fest goers (caesar salad not worth it) - however the service staff sometimes didn't pay attention, until a nice older gentleman kept them on task

Breakfast - Decent, but would not have paid for it if it wasn't comped. Various hot and cold options, buffet style

Free parking (though it is a bit hilly in spots)

Free WiFi (spotty in the lobby with dead zones, but decent in rooms)

Shuttle service (though we didn't utilize it because of how many people were at the event)

Housekeeping during the stay - We tend to hang out in our hotel room, so housekeeping was nice to stop by and empty trash, pick up fresh towels and give new ones during their rounds and respected our privacy when the door tag was on the knob

Cons:
The WORST bed I have ever slept on in a hotel. It sank down in the center, so my husband and I kept rolling into each other at night. Mind you, we like to cuddle...however, every time I rolled over it was like a hill. I slept terribly and I even brought a pillow from home, but kept sinking awkwardly into the mattress. There was nothing that could be done for the bed since the hotel was sold out, I just wish we had noticed it sooner until right before bed.

Do NOT use the early Hilton check in app. We did not get the room we selected. We arrived about an hour after I set the check in time and the room wasn't ready. The nice person at the desk ran to check on housekeeping who said 20 minutes.....45 minutes later the room was not ready. After about 30 more minutes, still not ready. I would think if this app was offered the rooms that people selected ahead of time would be ready? We ended up in a room on the same floor (2nd) and we really liked that floor since it was near the pool and we didn't have to take an elevator. The front desk did give us a water bottle and one morning of a comped breakfast, which was nice, but I was really upset after an 8 hour drive in the snow

Restaurant - We ended up making reservations for the restaurant and knew they were busy, but figured we'd try it. We were seated on a random side area, near a door that kept opening and closing to the outside. While it was nice that the host tried to accommodate us, it was freezing and no waiter came to us in the 20 minutes we waited,so we ended up leaving without ordering.

Room toilet - TERRIBLE water pressure, thankfully it decided to bite the dust on our last day and I had to venture out to find a public bathroom only once across the hotel

No extra toilet paper - we had to flag down a room service cart

Would we stay here again if we were in the area? More than likely, yes.

While there were no takeout options provided in the room or any coupons for local places, we researched on our phones. We were happy with takeout from Buddha Asian Bistro and stopped by a nearby plaza for Starbucks (which was great) and Deli (expensive). It probably would have been walkable if not so cold, but the hotel was on an incline and it was cold. There is a full service gas station and a plaza with food options a few minutes drive away.

Room Tip: Test your bed right away - so you don't end up with a sinkhole bed
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristi824
Kai F, General Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2015

We are delighted that your enjoyed your visit to our hotel. We were excited to host The Fest this year and learned a lot during the process to help improve things moving forward as well. If you could send me your room number or details of your stay so I can follow up on the items you noted that would be helpful. You can reach me at kai.fischer@hilton.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye Brook
15.0 km away
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
5.5 km away
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel

Been to Hilton Westchester? Share your experiences!