“Yum, YUM, YUM!”

Ruby's Oyster Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruby's Oyster Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Rye
Price range: USD 0 - USD 50
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elm Place
Description: Ruby's is a brilliant gem in downtown Rye. It is chic, casual and comfortable. It charms guests with its varied menu, friendly and professional service, and its lively ambience. Ruby's stylish decor showcases an authentic zinc bar from Paris, beaded chandeliers and ruby red drapes. From its coffered ceiling and tasseled sconces down to its marble mosaic floor, no precious stone has been left unturned.
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Ruby's has some of the most delicious food in Rye. It's a constant birthday dinner for my family. They have the most wonderful staff as well. As someone who has lived in Rye all my life, this restaurant is timeless!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We ordered soups on a Sunday afternoon. We liked the atmosphere - bistro, lights were dimmed, not too crowded, seats comfortable. Bread basket had bread that clearly was precut, a tad stale on the outside. Lobster bisque had 2 chunks of lobster and was good ($10) but was warm not hot. The special soup, white bean and chicken, ($8) was puréed. Would have liked server to mention it was puréed. Would not have ordered it if I knew. I even asked if I received the right soup. This soup was extremely hot.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We came here for dinner and we had a good time. The place has a nice atmosphere and while crowded it wasn’t noisy making it easy to have a conversation. We liked the variety of food options on the menu. The food itself was also very good. They have a decent wine list with lots of well priced options. The only complaint I have is service was slow and not very attentive - some requests had to be repeated. But the place was busy so that may not be the norm.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Went here this evening for dinner and had the beet salad which was great. I had the burger and my partner had the steak which was gorgeous.
The service was swift and on point and the environment pleasant. Reliable place to visit if you want good service and food.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

I ate here last night for New Year’s Eve. This was easily my fifth or sixth time celebrating the holiday here and at least my fiftieth dinner at Ruby’s. To say it was disappointing would be an understatement and judging by the lack of customers, I’m not alone. From the waiter’s opening with, “we’re out of the tri color salad”, to the flavorless lobster bisque, to the cyanide-like burning sensation from the peppers served with their chicken scarpiella, the meal was a disaster. The proverbial light at the end of the tunnel - the amazing carrot cake. Oh wait. “The new chef didn’t like the carrot cake, so it’s off the menu”. Really? Well I for one hope the new chef likes unemployment because if you’re not busy on New Year’s Eve, it’s not going so well.