“Best Pizza Ever. Seriously.”

Sunrise Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 53 Restaurants in Rye
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 3 July 2016

We stopped into this place for lunch while driving from Virginia to Maine about five years ago. Now, we make sure to stop here every summer on our drive to Maine. It is the best pizza, better than any gourmet, wood-fired pizza I have eaten in the Washington, DC area. The crust is light, not doughy, but not too thin and crispy. The range of toppings/styles is broad -- you can get your veggies and protein with your slice! Amount of sauce and cheese is restrained.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

This is a casual Italian restaurant. They service pizza, sandwiches, pasta dishes, chicken dishes. They have some tables for eat-in and also do take-out. I ordered a grilled chicken hero with lettuce, tomato, and mayo. It was freshly cooked while I sat at a table. The sandwich was quite large(I brought half of it home). It was very fresh and tasty. They do not take credit cards- cash only. In addition I had good service.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

was looking for a quick bite in rye that wasn't fancy sit-down service. I was elated to find Sunrise pizza. try the grandpa slice. its a sicilian slice like "grandma" but with more cheese and slightly less sauce. holy smokes was that good! the guys are super nice too!

Reviewed 23 December 2015

I go out of my way to stop at Sunrise for a slice of Chicken and Carbanara and a mixed salad with shredded mozzarella. Always great. They have a nice selection/variety of pizza toppings. Locals love the place. Small with a few tables.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

The best slice in town, everything about Sunrise is great. Very friendly service even when crazy busy. Food is above expectations.