“BEST PIZZA IN RYE NY”

Sunrise Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 54 Restaurants in Rye
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 8 February 2015

best pizza in town , is not a restaurant is a pizzería, and this is what I love , the pizza, was great, the staff was great, I will come back next time I visit Harrison , they are doing a great job!!

Reviewed 29 January 2015

WOW how lucky I was to have accidentally found this place! Yes, it's a small pizzaria, but, it has a nice menu full of well prepared and succulent items and an extremely cooperative staff. There is a plethora of pizza choices (try the bacon ranch pizza and the fresh mozzarella slices) There are the most delicious meatballs and the tomato sauce is excellent (like grandma used to make). I had THE BEST SANDWICH I EVER HAD in a pizza place. The grilled chicken with broccoli rabe....you gotta try this! All in all, I am truly glad I stumbled across this place. It needs 3 things...more space, Freshen up the decor a bit and they need to accept credit cards or at least a working cash machine. Give this place a try if you are nearby.

Reviewed 12 November 2014 via mobile

Above average pizza place. Definitely a pizza place, not a restaurant, but there are a few window tables which improve the atmosphere a bit.
Lots of good specialty pies and slices.
Cash only.
Will definitely be back if we are in the area again.

Reviewed 1 October 2014

Yes they have very nice pizza, delicious crust and topping. However, when I asked for a glass of water I was told their fountain was not working, no water. You can buy a bottle. It gets worse. One time I was waiting for my slice and a young attractive woman walked up asked for a glass of water and was given without a problem. Next time I was in I asked again for a glass of water, I figured the machine was fixed. He said no the water filter was broken, of course it dispensed soda very nicely. I presume that since I am only a male senior none for me. Then what happened next became more surreal, he added $1.50 to my bill and told me to take a bottle from the cooler. This should be totally unacceptable. I didn't want to make a big fuss so I paid it. What a way to run a business. I have probably been to 1,000 or more pizza places in my life. I have never been refused a glass of water before. Shame on you Sunrise Pizza.

4  Thank BS13
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

It doesn't get any better than Sunrise! Totally authentic! The selection is fantastic! Don't miss the lasagna pizza.