“My Labor Day Love Affair with The Roxbury”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roxbury
The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roxbury
Belleville, New Jersey
“My Labor Day Love Affair with The Roxbury”
Reviewed 9 September 2010

This is my second trip to The Roxbury, again on Labor Day weekend. My husband and I have decided again that this will be our go to spot every Labor Day. Greg and Joe have continued to raise the bar and I was beyond impressed with the new wing of the hotel. Before I get to that one thing about these gentlemen; never in my entire life have I met such creative and extraordinary people. They are the definition of hospitality and their TripAdvisor award is well deserved. In less than a year they have built from the ground up an entire new building across the street of their hotel. I had the privilege of getting a behind the scene tour of the new rooms and suites. To say they are gorgeous and outrageous is an understatement. The amount of detail put into each individual room is insane! We had the honor to stay one night in the room titled THE FINAL FRONTIER. This suite was beyond comprehension, it truly was the final frontier! First off this suite is huge! Two full size bathrooms, one of which has a huge soaking tub for two! Both bathroom have double shower heads. The tile work is gorgeous! And you will be surprised at night as the wet bar is completely covered in glow in the dark tile! There is a feature in the living room area that must be seen. You truly feel like you are watching shooting stars with the led effects. The furniture is custom made, a spiral staircase, a chandelier that's shaped like Jupiter! Crazy, I loved it ! I can't say anything else other than it was perfect. Actually it exceeds perfection! I cannot wait another year to stay at The Roxbury and I'm cooking up a scheme to get there sooner. Over the top or not, what really makes this hotel tick are the wonderful people who run it and their dedicated team. Bravo! Greg and Joe! I have fallen in love all over again! I'll post some pics but you really must see it to believe it!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mimijohn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
oxford,ny
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I stayed in the holly go lightly room ..it's beautiful..this whole place is beautiful and or fun!!it depends on what room you stay in...the spa is small but it has all you need..there's a larger one in the new building openning soon..i had a massage from danelle and it was heaven...greg one of the owner's could not have been nicer!!..I'm sorry i don't remember the other man's name but he's always around with a friendly smile & a hello and fire wood....we had a fire and roasted marshmellow with some of the other guest one of our nights there..we started are day with a heathly breakfast,that seem to have something to fit everyones tastes,greg was so nice to give me & some of the other guest a tour of the new building and it's already wonderful..their attention to the smallest detail is amazing!!!the only thing I can stay that's not a plus is food is not always easy to come by so make sure you check times & days for diners...I so want to visit this place again..I plan on going to see the wizard.....

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
new jersey
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Great stay. Loved the decor, friendly hosts as well as the other guests. The fire pit was truly memorable. I could have sat next to it all day just socializing. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
East Moriches
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Everything was better then perfect, exceeded our expectations! The room was immaculate with a surprise around every corner. Luxorious soaps, complimentary water bottles, Godiva chocolates and of course wine and champagne accessible at any point. We ate at the Public House Restaurant, literally next door which was fantastic. Everyone should stay here!! It is an experience.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2010

the roxbury is one of the best hotels ive ever stayed in! for that price i was NOT expecting the level of amenities and interior that was given. we stayed in the Mod Pod, which was GREAT! the designer of the room (and rest of the hotel) has impeccable taste. there was a nice balance of modern chic and "warmth" that you would get at most country inns.
ROOM - i was very pleased with how well the room was presented, it was spotless, the towels/bedsheets were crisp and warm, we even had Godviva chocolates by the bedside!
OTHER - the continental breakfast selection was very nice, there was home-made blueberry jam, exquisite chocolate spread, fancy teas and "from crop to cup" coffee. the staff members were all very friendly and stopped to greet you all the time :)
the only "down" side would be the location in that it wasnt near most touristy places, BUT if you rented a car like i did, its worth the extra 30-45min drive.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for people who want to get top class service & amenities for a great price! the different themed rooms are very unique too!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roxbury
28.1 km away
14.3 km away
Stamford Gables
Stamford Gables
#1 of 4 in Stamford

Been to The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging? Share your experiences!