“An experience you'll never forget!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roxbury
The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roxbury
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I planned a girl's weekend for my sister's 30 something birthday, 5 of us stayed at the Roxbury for one night. We were in a suite with two bedrooms with HUGE king beds, SUPER COMFY, 2 large bathrooms, and a large living room area. The suite itself, besides the large size, was the most amazing room I have ever stayed in. The decor, lighting, and attention to detail was like no other I have ever experienced. Every inch of our room had something to enjoy, from the full armor above our heads, the skeleton toilet paper dispensor, the cousin It lamps, black tiled counters, textured wall paper, to the animal heads, simply incredible. The price was much cheaper than any other hotel/spa I researched, in fact, the exprience I had was priceless. The staff was so welcoming, the room clean as could be, and despite the Roxury being pleasently full, we didn't hear a peep from any of the other rooms. I HIGHLY recommend that anyone who can, experience this place for themselves. I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank vixs79

Reviewed 5 April 2012

stayed at the Roxbury last night (4th April 2012) and had a fabulous time. My sister, nephew (aged 6 yrs) and i stayed in the Coconut Cream Pie Room. I have stayed at many top class hotels all over the world and this was definately one of the best that i have experienced. The room had a great theme but was also very functional. It had the main double bed and two pull out sofas. The room was spacious enough for the three of us and was very clean. The bathroom had the deepest bath tub i have ever been in and also a range of high quality beauty products. The bedsheets and towels were top quality.
I thought that it was a very nice touch that in the main reception, there were snacks such as fresh cookies and candy as well as iced water avaliable on arrival. Also in our block of suites there was a conference room from which we were also able to obtain free tea/coffee and cakes/cookies. The reception also had a large cupboard full of DVD's that we free to loan. The TV in the bedroom also had free access to Netflicks.
We saw Greg one of the owners a few times during our stay, who was extremely friendly. The other staff there were also very friendly and made sure that we had everything we needed.
The hotel was top quality and i would definately recommend it to others. My only criticism would be of the location as it is located in a rural village and the nearby resturant was shut on a Tuesday which meant that we had to drive a few miles to another small town to eat out. having said that we were advised by hotel reception that we could order in food and unlike us most people travelling to this area, would be engaging in sports activities such as ziplining and skiing. However i cannot fault the hotel facilities and the quality of staff and service is excellent.

Room Tip: I liked the Coconut Cream Pie room, as right outside the door there was a large table and seating lo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I loved the kitschy and campiness of the motel’s décor, so don’t assume it’s a luxury hotel in the Catskills, because it’s not. The beds were not all that comfy and small (it’s a double bed), so if you are travelling with friends and you are taller than average you will hang off the bed. The rooms are eccentrically decorated, and cozy. The continental breakfast is a nice treat if you don’t feel like leaving for breakfast too early. We had a great time, and were able to relax and get in early watch a movie. We stayed in room 5, which felt like we were in a wierd version of Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas.Loved it!

Be advised, take a GPS or get excellent directions, because there is absolutely no cel reception in the area, you’ll see as you get closer, maybe 30-45 minutes away. My only peeve was that I felt the room was a bit over-priced, but in comparison to other motels in the area, I was alright with the bump in price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This place is crazy - in a good way! A fantasy boutique hotel hidden in a tiny town just outside the Catskills park, with a cocktail bar next door that serves pink martinis and excellent food. My husband and I booked the cheapest double, which was snazzy enough, but in the morning we met one of the owners, Gary, and toured the other rooms...wow – check out Maryann's Coconut Cream Pie (meringue on the ceiling) or George's Spacepad (shooting laser stars).

Breakfast was very generous, help-yourself, and there are always snacks available in the main lobby/lounge. Staff all super-friendly. Highly recommended for a fantasy party in one of the big suites...

Room Tip: Just look at the photos – all are fabulous...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank monicaiguy
Reviewed 26 March 2012

A wonderful place to stay. The staff is extremely nice and very helpful. Everything was very clean. The rooms are fabulous we were given a tour of a few rooms and wre amazed at the attention to detail. The amount of time out into each of the rooms is amazing. I can't wait to go back and experience a different room!!! The spa rooms are wonderful to relax in and the decor is beautiful. We stayed in a kitchenette room, it was the blac & white room, it was gorgeous even though it was not a full on themed room it definitely felt like it was because of all the detail and decor that was in it. We already have our next room picked out for next year :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DawnB186
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roxbury
28 km away
35.9 km away
Villa Vosilla
Villa Vosilla
#1 of 2 in Tannersville

Been to The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging? Share your experiences!