Just spent a first time Memorial Day Weekend at Crystal Brook Resort & Mountain Bauhaus in Round Top, New York
A quick historical history on the NY Catskill Mountains; first it's a beautiful country/mountainous area where for over 80 years New York City dwellers spent their summertime vacations (now an all year vacation resort area). So, they always, and still do, have; the Italian, German, Irish and Jewish "Catskills", all separated by regional town areas. The German Resorts were around Green County, NY and mainly around the Round Top, NY area, as is the Crystal Brook Resort & Mountain Bauhaus.
Now, we have been to many of the Catskills Italian and Irish Resorts and here's our first time review of a Catskill German Crystal Brook & Mountain Bauhaus Resort:
GO THERE FOR GREAT FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT AT A REASONABLE PRICE
• The lodgings at Crystal Brook were super clean and not fancy/modern but very comfortable. We had easy access to Wi-Fi too. The grounds were very comfortable to include a pool, hot tube, volley ball, bocce, etc.
• The meals were awesome, what a surprise at Sunday breakfast, they added a super buffet table of extra foods for our long return trip home.
• The table settings for all of our dinners were delicately quaint and professional; nice china settings and white tablecloths. And our waiter was very nice and accommodating.
• The main house is very inviting and warm with a lounge area, fireplaces, bar and seating for afternoon or dinner lounging or evening fun.
• The Mountain Bauhaus is a separate public access building across the street that is designed as a rustic German beer hall with great music and food menu, plus an array of German draft beers and good reasonable food. The bands for our stay; The Cabaret Dup, The Adler's German Band and DJ/Singer Paul was great for listening or dancing. Note; the music played contained some German waltz's or pokers, etc. as well and many modern day dance tunes. Now..... after you had a great time dancing and drinking you can walk back, just a very short walk, to your room. Check their web site for upcoming festivals and events too.
• The area and grounds around Crystal Brood was very countrified filled with hiking trails and within a very short distance beautiful waterfalls and mountain creeks.
• Wendy of Crystal Brook was our host and treated us royalty as first-timers. She's a good dancer too. if you see her at the Mountain Brauhas you may be lucky enough to dance with her.