“Enjoyable Meal”
Review of Barto

Barto
Reserve with OpenTable
Barto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 38 Restaurants in Roslyn
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Description: From the great bistros of Europe to the easy lifestyle of Saint Barths. Bart offers an innovative modern sustainable menu influences by French, Italian, Spanish and Asian cuisines. The Barto bar and lounge offers exciting craft cocktails as well as an interesting selection of wines by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I'm glad I didn't read all the reviews before eating there. I thought the food was fresh and pretty good. The veggie tacos were good and the salmon dinner was really moist and tasty. All in all the service was fine. The restaurant was pretty empty but it was a Tuesday night on a holiday week so I will try it again soon with my wife and friends

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Firstly it takes a lot for me to write a review, I don't have the patience !however I am compelled to write the following,. We went out for dinner with friends of ours on a Saturday night arrived at 7 promptly. Ordered drinks and usual chit chat. After 15 minutes we ordered. My wife ordered grilled octopus as an appetizer which was fair and the tuna taco as entree. I ordered poached halibut, friends had salad first ,then one ordered the duck and the other the salmon . We waited one hour for the entrees to arrive . They brought out the wrong tuna dish that my wife ordered, my halibut was not poached and missing vegetables etc , the duck was disgusting and the portion was so small he could have eaten it in one bite. Every dish was inadequate cooked improperly and over priced . I wouldn't recommend this restaurant at all . The kitchen totally under staffed. The infrastructure non existent. Needless to say I wouldn't go back for free. We called Michael the manager over a few times to complain about the food and the lack of attention and service. Waitress out to lunch.

2  Thank jesse g
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

We walked out after waiting 1 hour for our main course. The management, servers, kitchen haven't a clue how to make this restaurant right! Quite a shame after all the $$$ that were invested in a wonderfully designed space.

3  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Where to begin? Pricing-- this restaurant sets prices as if it is actually good. It is not. The level of arrogance of the service matches the price, not the quality of the food, and helped to insure that there was nothing enjoyable about the meal. The food itself is mediocre at best. Chicken taco appetizer was not bad, but skirt steak was virtually flavorless apart from being oversalted. The menu is a mash-up of cuisines, with the chef apparently trying to prove ..he is a jack of many but master of none. Save your money.

3  Thank smeghead39
Reviewed 25 December 2016

They put a ton of money into this place and it took years to complete i hope it stays around because the food and service were not great

In all fairness, we went on Christmas Eve so they may not have been running on all cylinders...

Took a long time to get drinks delivered correctly.

it's one of these places where the menu and the descriptions read much and sound better than the product: "we bring our fish in every day", "the only thing we use the freezer for is ice cream" (then they are throwing out a lot of food), only "microgreens", Skuna bay salmon (supposedly high grade farmed).

The product was marginal - octopus appetizer was tasteless as was the snapper, the salmon and the . Plating combinations were also weird and not done properly.

Burger was good and done properly

Very expensive for what it is!! Nearly $100pp (1 1/2 drinks pp, salads, mains (fish & burgers) no coffee or dessert which is just too much for a place like that

The other drawback is the location - you can't (legally or safely) make a left turn out of the restaurant on Westbound northern blvd which is a hassle

1  Thank wdchuck1