“Great Margaritas!”
Review of Salsa Mexicana

Salsa Mexicana
Reserve with OpenTable
Salsa Mexicana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Description: Whether you are looking for top notch tacos, high end enchiladas or chef inspired cocktails, Salsa Mexicana located in Rockville Centre and is open seven days a week at 12pm.
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Came to dinner with a friend. Tables were full and they could not seat us a regular table so had dinner at the bar. We got the corner of the bar so it was still private. Male bartender was very nice. The girl bartender had an attitude and the couple next to us was complaining about her as well. We ordered fresh made guacamole which was delicious and shared a skirt steak with sofrito sauce. Margaritas were delicious. Would recommended the spicy mango margarita. The decor of the restaurant is very nice with sugar skulls painted on the walls. Would definitely recommend.

Morgan D, Public Relations Manager at Salsa Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

Thank you very much for your review. Happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner at the bar. We hope that you join us again soon!

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

We came here and the place itself is really nice. I loved the colors and the hanging lights. We got the guacamole appetizer which was average. The taste was missing something to make it pop. The chips and dips were really good though! I got the steak fajitas. The steak had great flavor and everything else was tasty. The rice was average. Overall the place wasn't too crowded on a Friday til we left around 8, the staff was very friendly and the place laid back. It was at the same level as Mesita across the street. Both have a great look and good food, but nothing amazing.

Morgan D, Public Relations Manager at Salsa Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Thank you for your review Mariel. We hope to be able to impress you on your next visit. We take all of our reviews to heart and strive to always create a dining experience to remember. We hope to see you again soon so we are able to improve upon your opinion.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

The food here was delicious along with the margaritas! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The service was very attentive and we enjoyed the food, staff, and the atmosphere.

Morgan D, Public Relations Manager at Salsa Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2016

Thank you very much Melissa. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the food, margaritas and service. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

We could not find a place to park one night and when we finally did secure a spot, we were so far away from the restaurant that we initially intended to eat at that I told my friend that we should just eat at Salsa Mexicana, which was right across the street from where we parked. The restaurant was not crowded when we came in and we were seated immediately and a drink menu was presented. I got a capirinha and my friend got the specialty drink, the apple cider sangria. Chips appeared with three different types of sauces. We then placed our food orders; I got the enchilada de mariscos-enchiladas with lobster, crab, shrimp with mixed cheeses in a tomotillo sauce. My meal came with a small portion of rice and black beans, not refried beans. My friend ordered the pork chop special, which was substantial and she ended up taking half of it home. While we were eating, the owner came over and introduced himself and was very personable. The waitress was very nice and professional. We skipped dessert [we were full] and got coffee instead. The menu has multiple appetizers, a soup and salad menu, and a taco and hot plate menu. It was reasonably priced and when we left, the place was packed-it was a weeknight. I would recommend and return

Morgan D, Public Relations Manager at Salsa Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2016

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your by chance dinner with us and we hope to see you both again soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I went to Salsa Mexicana to celebrate my friend’s birthday on a week day at 6 pm. I had called the restaurant few days prior to my visit and the staff acknowledged Happy Hour on the phone. Since I was struggling to find parking, I asked my friend to go in and get the table we had reserved. The hostess informed my friend that Happy Hour menu would ONLY be served at the bar. My friend agreed and sat at the bar while requesting the bartender to provide Happy Hour menu. The bartender "ignored Multiple requests" for the Happy Hour menu made by my friend. Unaware of items that were included in the Happy hour menu, my friend ordered a drink and appetizer while waiting for my arrival. After my arrival, I requested the bartender again to disclose Happy Hour menu items. This request was ignored too. Since we were getting hungry and it was beyond our dinner time, I placed my order for a drink and an additional appetizer. The appetizers were not cooked well, were bland, and tasted awful. When I received the check, I found that full charge was applied for the 2 drinks and appetizers.

I’m absolutely disgusted with the food quality, service and the mistreatment meted out to us by the restaurant. I will never recommend this restaurant to anyone !!!!!!

Morgan D, Public Relations Manager at Salsa Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Hi Kevin,
We are sorry to hear about your experience. We take all of our reviews to heart and strive to always provide our customers with the best service and freshest ingredients. We will definitely address these issues and we hope that you change your mind about dining with us so that we can change your opinion of our service and happy hour.