“Not A Surprise That It's Good”
Review of Salsa Mexicana

Salsa Mexicana
Reserve with OpenTable
Salsa Mexicana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Description: Whether you are looking for top notch tacos, high end enchiladas or chef inspired cocktails, Salsa Mexicana located in Rockville Centre and is open seven days a week at 12pm.
Reviewed 19 August 2016

The people who opened Salsa Mexicana this past year own two other successful restaurants in Rockville Centre, so it's no surprise that this place is also a success. We were expecting a quiet Monday evening dining experience but it was very busy which means that people are selecting this Mexican restaurant over the competition, as there are currently four Mexican dining establishments in town. The chicken fajitas and the skirt steak sofrito dishes were very flavorful and generous sized dishes. The red sangria and wine by the glass were also ample portions, and moderately priced. Service was attentive, and the management makes an effort to talk to the customers, which is very important.

Morgan D, Public Relations Manager at Salsa Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and tell us about your experience. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2016

It was a waste of our money. Fajitas cost over $20 with no sides. The bartender was nasty (that was Tuesday night, 8/16). Would not recommend going to this restaurant at all.

Hi Marie,
We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your last experience. We will definitely address the issue you discussed with staff and we hope that you will change your mind about visiting us again. We take all of our reviews to heart and try to always have our customers leave happy with their whole dining experience. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

When we got to the restaurant, it was hopping for a Tuesday evening. Luckily we had reservations so we didn't have to wait long. Service was slow and my wife's Sangria Blanco was watered down. The Guacamole was very good but our entrees were disappointing. I had the Shrimp in Green Sauce. The Shrimp were overcooked and tough. My wife was very unhappy with the presentation. She said that it looks like the food was slopped on a dish. Not worth the $23 price tag. She had the tostada appetizer which was okay. There was only 1 bartender who was making drinks as well as serving all the guests at the bar so you can only imagine how long it took for us to get our drinks.

Morgan D, Public Relations Manager at Salsa Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience. We take all of our reviews to heart and strive to have all of our guests enjoy their meal. We hope that you will join us again soon so that we will be able to change your opinion of us. Thank you for letting us know about your experience and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I have dined here before and loved it, and was disappointed with their take out. We got our food and it was not great- I had flour tortillas when the menu said corn and I'm gluten free. So the tacos I really really wanted to eat, was no longer a taco. Our "medium" spiced guacamole was RIDICULOUSLY spicy and we can handle heat. Chunks of jalapeño. That needless to say, our 3 year old was not able to eat. Luckily we had a side of guac with another dinner that we gave him but it was so spicy I couldn't really enjoy eating it.

Big bummer. Because I really wanted GOOD tacos and guac. In my own home.

Morgan D, Public Relations Manager at Salsa Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

We are sorry to hear about the problems with your recent takeout order. We take all of our reviews to heart and strive to have all of our customers enjoy their meal, whether dining in or taking out. We hope that you try us again and that we are able to change your opinion of us. Again we apologize for your experience and thank you for letting us know about your experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Hubby and I met another couple here last night for my birthday dinner. I ordered the burrito (w/o shrimp) and my other 3 companions ordered the skirt steak.
Everyone liked the steaks.
The burrito was very good...and big! You just need to ask for a little salsa or sour cream as it was a little dry. Still tasty though!
It was margarita Monday...We ordered 2 strawberry margaritas and 2 mango ones. The strawberries weren't so hot, but the mango ones were good. Unflavored margaritas are $5 and they charge and extra $2 for the flavored ones. I think they need to add a little extra flavor then the small bit they add, so ask for a little more. It will be so much better.
Service was good, our waiter was great. No complaints. We'll be back.
I only posted a pic of my leftovers...We were having such a good time I forgot to take pics before we ate. The size of the 1/2 of my burrito should give you an idea of how large the portion was.

Morgan D, Public Relations Manager at Salsa Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Thanks for your review Laura. We are glad that you enjoyed your meal and we hope that on your next visit we can get your margaritas just perfect. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit and we hope to see you again soon.