“Mediocre menu”
Review of Viaggio Tapas

Viaggio Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Viaggio Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Spanish, Healthy, Wine Bar
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Revised review from Dec -
So this place is under new ownership. I went finally in December only to find an excellent menu changed. Change is good I guess. Make it your own I get it. I just went back and they changed the menu AGAIN. This can no longer classify as tapas. I know the name is Italian but tapas tells me delightful Catalan inspired bites. They added too many familiar Italian foods that you can get anywhere. Arancini, tomato and burata salad. Boring. Not one dish with chorizo? CHORIZO! Missing the blue point oyster shooters, the shishito peppers, the charcuterie plate boasts nothing Spanish. Thank god they kept the macaron ice cream sandwiches. What I ate was very good but please do not call this tapas. Hoping they look to the menu that kept me coming back many times before. Fingers crossed.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The food portions are small for basically the same price as full portions elsewhere in RVC. Don’t go here if you have a good appetite, you will be disappointed. The bar is average and high priced. Surprised this place is still in business.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

A friend of ours suggested we visit this place as the owners are supposedly the same people that own Barosso’s on Woodhaven Blvd. we got there early for a 7:00 reservation and was seated quickly. The place had a warm feeling to it; perhaps cozy. The service was attentive and accommodating. We ordered a bottle of Kendall Jackson Reserve Cabernet for $44. Our meal consisted of a salad, Flat Bread with Goat Cheese and a Honey Drizzle, then Avocado filled with minced Lobster & Shrimp. Each item was to our liking. I guess it was a light dinner.

We enjoyed our visit and would go again to try some of their other menu items.

Joe L. Originally from Huntington but now Sarasota.

Cheers

Reviewed 5 January 2018

This is the first time I have visited my all time favorite tapas pace on long Island since it switched hands in I believe September of 2017.
I was a little saddened to see that they had changed the menu up a bit BUT let me say, I was not disappointed.
We had friends in town from California, who are fellow food lovers and decided they would love this place. We had reservations for 8pm and were seated right away and our server was friendly. We ordered a yummy bottle of Malbec to celebrate our reunion.
The menu online has not been updated, so if you are a fan of the shishito peppers you will sadly no longer find them. This is one thing I wish they would bring back. These are my absolute favorite!
We had the octopus, which was cooked to perfection - so hard to get octopus right and they sure did. They offered Kung- Pao calamari, cutely served in a take-out container and chopsticks. While, delicious, I found this an odd addition to the menu. Looking for more of a paprika aioli to go with all the delicious Spanish flavors on the menu. Papas Bravas, yum. Butternut squash flatbread with Gorgonzola and honey drizzle - another winner. Small suggestion- maybe not so much squash? It made the flatbread less crispy. YOU MUST HAVE THE BURRATA! It comes with a small flatbread and delicious fig jelly. This was by far my favorite of the night.
After chatting and realizing we devoured our dinner, we thought it time to order - more food. We had the crispy Brussel sprouts, these were delicious and the potato croquettes with jamon. These lacked seasoning, in my opinion, but did the trick for more potato cravings.
We finished the night with homemade churros with Nutella and a honey drizzle, both toppings came on the side. Can you say WOW?! Perfect amount of sweet to end a savory adventure. Thanks Viaggio. We will be back, but PLEASE consider the shishito peppers again.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Been here twice now. Food is excellent. We've had the mussels, shrimp,grilled octopus, flat bread,cheese platter - all very tasty. Only negative is it's a little pricy, each time was over $125 for two people. It's not like you get huge portions. I know that's the concept, but still pricy. Even for RVC.