“Great Breakfast”
Review of Rock Hill Diner

Rock Hill Diner
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Rock Hill
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Been passing this diner by for years but decided to give them a try today after my Dr.'s appointment in Rock Hill. When we first entered we didn't see a soul inside and I started to think maybe this was a bad move. We sat ourselves down in the back room and immediately our waitress appeared to take our drink order and give us menu's. Our drinks were served within a minute and we placed our order. Our omelets were huge, home fries for me and french fries for my wife with a side of bacon and rye toast. Everything tasted very fresh and was served nice and hot. Although this was only basic breakfast fare, it was done very well. Waitress checked on us every few minutes and had refills of my coffee ready as soon as I emptied my cup(very important to me). All in all-a pleasant surprise. I will return.

1  Thank ToPoorToCare

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We were recently in Rock Hill for a wedding. Ate here 3 different times (one breakfast and 2 lunch). The food was very good and reasonably priced. Had the Roast Beef sandwich and the meat was rare and piled high, just like I like it! That is one thing I miss living in the south, when you order roast beef sandwich it's only got a couple pieces on it and they are usually medium to medium well!

1  Thank Debora B
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I went to the diner for a late lunch/early dinner. We were the only customers in the restaurant. When we walked in I noticed that the 2 staff members were sitting down, one reading a magazine at a table, and the other just sitting there at the counter. The gentleman sitting at the counter asked me how many were in my party and when I told him he directed us to the front dining room. As I walked in I noticed that the floor was very sticky. After sitting down it was observed that the table was not very clean and the floor had dirt and old food on it. The food was very hit and miss. I ordered a turkey and bacon club and I thought it was ok. My daughter had a turkey dinner with mashed potatoes and brown gravey. After taking a couple of bites she commented that the food was tasteless. My wife ordered potatoe pancakes. When they came out they looked like breakfast potatoes that were left over and boiled in oil, they were very greasy. And so it went with the rest of the meals.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Diner is a short walk from the hotel and serves a great breakfast. Many items to choose from. Very pleasant waitress with quick service.

1  Thank Derek G
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Almost a part of the exit ramp to 17, very convenient.
Impressed me as a place locals are comfortable with. Clean, bright, food was pretty good. Coffee was served room temperature, second cup was fine. Service was pleasant and friendly but kind of slow (it's a layer back place).
If I owned the joint I'd have a much bigger sign, the location is too good not to exploit.