“Worst Stay EVER!!”
Review of Comfort Inn West

Comfort Inn West
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I am traveling on business and wanted to collect Rewards points to use for the upcoming weekend for my son's AAU tournament. The lobby is much more like a foyer. The staff are unkept and look dirty themselves. This is the second time I stayed here and each time there was not anyone at the desk to greet me. I had to yell out for someone to come and they acted bothered. This trip I was put on the 5th floor in a "suite". The walls were dirty with scuff marks and grime on it. The room was just slightly bigger than a normal room with an old half partition, clearly from the 70's; full of cigarette marks, scuff marks and dirt. The mirrors were full of dust. The vanity in the bathroom was the only thing updated. The tub had black grime on the bottom of it. When I told the girl at the front desk about it, she came upstairs and said "oh that's just a stain, there's nothing we can do about that, just use the bath towel as a mat." The couch in the room looks like it should be on someone's curb to put out as trash. It is extremely dirty with VISIBLE stain and dirt marks on it. I wouldn't dare open it. My sheets had a stain on them, the microwave didn't work. What more can I say? If I wasn't so tired from my long travel and busy work day, I would have checked out and into the much better Holiday Inn Express just a few doors down. DON'T STAY HERE!! AND PLEASE LOOK AT MY PHOTOS!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank TravelinQueen777

Reviewed 29 September 2011

We just happened upon this hotel in September 2011 and were pleasantly surprised. It was clean, neat, comfortable, and very affordable. The front desk staff was friendly, too. On a two-week trip across several states, it was one of the most reasonably-priced hotels we found and although plain, provided the essentials of cleanliness and service. We'd stay again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oneoffive105
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We have actually stayed there 2 times already and have made reservations for next week when my daughter starts college. Everything has been very comfortable. The staff has been very helpful and accomodating. Excellent value when comparing to other similar hotels of other chains that are the same distance.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Adequate & Clean mostly (4th stay at this location)
Check in/out:
Fairly quick but longer than it needed to be. No stop check out, I love that, no waiting in line.
Staff:
Not very attentive. Front desk staff doesn’t acknowledge you unless you demand attention. Not enough towels in room day to day. If housekeeping expects tips they need to step it up. Housekeeping:
Adequate not perfect.
Room:
Rooms are generally small unless you request one of the larger same price rooms. Our room was clean except for behind the door of the bathroom. Hairs etc. Did I mention not enough towels.
Location:
This is easy on/off the outer circle. There are many places to eat and shop within walking distance. For better homemade foods leave this strip, check out my other reviews.
Internet:
Free WiFi.
Helpful hints:
Park in back tight to building to avoid trucks and the restaurant patrons next door.
Additional Information:
Use the driveway in front of the neighboring restaurant for making right and left turns otherwise you need to look for a Uturn location to head back to the highway.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DrOfAvarici
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I am retired and travel a lot. Comfort Inns suit me perfectly. I don’t want more and I don’t want less. I am only writing because I was very impressed with the staff and breakfast at Rochester Comfort Inn West. 20’ of counter was totally filled with breakfast food. While I was eating the manager came in and checked food temperatures with a probe. The housecleaning staff greeted me with a smile and “I hope you are enjoying your stay with us”. The bed and bathroom were excellent. What was bad? Rochester weather. You have to want to live in Rochester to tolerate their weather. A bit of advice for those who complain about noisy AC units, travel with ear plugs and AdvilPM, this also works for babies on planes. In closing I want to say the location was very safe, had a traffic light to enter and leave, and close to every kind of store and restaurant you would want. If you visit New York you have to visit a Wegmans, one is less than a mile away.

Room Tip: Always ask for AAA or AARP discount.