“Best ice cream (custard) EVER!”

Abbott's Frozen Custard INC
Ranked #4 of 39 Dessert in Rochester
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have been going to Abbott's for 51 years and I keep going back ... now I bring my granddaughter with me!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

A very nice place to spend time on a date, or with family or friends. Scenic outdoor seating, some seating tables with umbrellas.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Abbott's is the very best custard you'll find. My mother used to take us kids for a cone whenever we visited Charlotte in Rochester so when I returned to Rochester for a visit, I wanted my grown children to enjoy their frozen custard just like I used to. They fell in love with it and we made an extra stop at Abbott's on Lake Avenue it was so good.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

People who are not from around these parts don't know what frozen custard is, and they don't know what they are missing. Abbott's Frozen Custard is not an ice cream cone. That would be like saying Stephen Curry is just any old basketball player. He's not. It's not. It is so much better than ordinary ice cream. It has a silky creamy texture, rich flavors, and my personal favorite...chocolate custard with chocolate sprinkles. And to walk down the boardwalk by Lake Ontario, past the carousel, unto the pier and watch the boats come and go while you lick your cone before it drips down your hand is a childhood tradition that I've been indulging long past when childhood ended.
In the old days, this was the only place in town and on hot summer days people would line up, sometimes by the hundreds, to get their custard fix. Now, there are many franchises around town, but none beat the atmosphere here at the lake. Long live Abbott's!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

visiting in-laws we demanded ice cream but wife said "we need to get frozen custard" ...being from california, it's not something i've seen let alone heard of so we stopped by abbott's for a taste. i was impressed, not sure why it's not on the west coast yet and i'm guessing someone will now open up a frozen custard shop but this was a solid 8+. ranking up there with some of the best frozen yogurts and ice cream shops. don't skimp, just get the medium or large, it will keep you from walking up to get a 2nd serving.

this place doesnt serve food but they do have a drive through at the location i visited, however, we walked in