“Plenty of gluten free options”
Review of Edibles Restaurant

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oxford Street
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Comfortable urban atmosphere. Attentive wait staff. I need to be gluten-free. Edibles has a separate gluten-free menu. For me this makes a much simpler dining experience vs trying to assemble a meal out of parts of several entree & sides options. A great place to meet friends.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Great recipes you don't see everywhere else, presented surprisingly differently than elsewhere; excellent service and ambiance.

My favorite dish was the borscht. Really yummy and not what I was expecting. Nothing like the horrible borscht they sell in glass jars in the supermarket. A delightful combination of grated beets, shredded cabbage, potatoes, possibly tomatoes or tomato sauce, and a dollop of sour cream. Very flavorful. A really good vegetable soup with less beet flavor than I expected.

I highly recommend the potato pierogies appetizer with sour cream and sauteed onions. The sour cream was squirted on from a bottle in the kitchen rather than served on the side.

I enjoyed the beet goat cheese salad with candied nuts. I was surprised that the goat cheese had been tossed into the salad in the kitchen rather than crumbled on top of the salad. The result was a different but pleasantly good taste. I ordered my dressing on the side.

This restaurant should be much busier than it was when we visited!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

First time I have eaten here and it was a delightful experience! My husband said his was the best black bean burger that he has ever had and my chicken dish was delicious! They are very generous with their portions and the staff is friendly and eager to please. Fun atmosphere and great food!

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This hip little joint on University has great food, positive energy and a warm friendly atmosphere. Lovers of old buildings will note its location in the Flatiron building built in 1890 with what appears to be original tin ceiling and hard wood floors. The food is delicious if a bit rich with original combinations of spices, jellies and cream toppings over traditional American fare - chicken, steak, salmon - with a few pasta dishes to choose from as well. My one complaint is the wine list which is weak for a restaurant of this quality.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Excellent food in an interesting environment. Owner came out and chatted with us. Would gladly return.